What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

connection between ipad and PC works w/ WEP and not w/ WPA2

roms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi

I'm trying to connect my ipad to my laptop via an ad-hoc connection. (WPA2 - personnal) (bought the ipad today, dl'd the last update)

with a WEP key it works perfectly.
with a WPA2 key it says impossible.

I've read that WEP keys aren't secure. since I use the ipad (well I'm planning to use, since I cannot connect...) for a professional purpose I don't want to use a connection that can be hacked in minutes.

what can I do to have it working properly ?

thanks in advance

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this, go into SETTINGS - GENERAL - NETWORK, then chose the line with your network name on it and then press the blue arrow on the right, then tap the FORGET THIS NETWORK button at the top of the page. Then setup your network again. OR, you can try to tap RENEW LEASE and see it that helps. The first option above is the best one to try, as it resets everything in the network settings. This worked for me when I had a low signal two foot from the wireless router and could not connect. This will sometimes fix the WEP/WAP problem.

OP
R

roms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I set up a wpa2 access point on my laptop with connectify

works perfectly

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Connectify is a sweet little program for turning a laptop into a wifi hotspot. Recommended here.

Most reactions

Latest posts