What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting to an external monitor

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can we do this with 4.2.2, non jail broken?

Do what?

If you have cables, only certain things are allowed to be viewed.

Photos, some videos, not sure what else because I'm JB.

If you are jailbroken, look into displayout.

It projects eveything on the tv. I mean EVERYTHING!

Doesn't seem to lag too!

I hope this ismtrue. Im jailbroken on 4.2.2 and i already downloaded n installed displayout. I just bout the composite av adapter today for ipad. Im about to try it out shortly. Ill be stoked if everything really does appear on tv thats on ipad screen. ;-)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tested and comfirmed it works perrrfectly! Im mad i still have a giant 50 somethin in. Projection t.v. N it doesnt look as sharp as the ipad screen. Displayout wrks perfectly though. Shows Everything u doing on ipad. I was playing Nova2 on the big screen. Looked decent but woukd be wayyy better on a new lcd or plasma t.v. I might just buy like a 20-24 in. Lcd t.v. Just for my ipad. This woud wrk great with a bluetooth keyboard or zaggmate case/keyboard. Sittn on the coach, surfing da web on new t.v. Linked to ipad. I saw that issue that on some movies or the big buck bunny movie i have, the screen kimda shakes. Scaling down does help but if u leave it on default display, it plays perfectly. Its only when u try to use fullscreem that it shakes. Games played flawlessly with the composite AV plugs for ipad. Im definitely delighted with my purchase and cant wait to test out on better quality or newer t.v.'s. Jailbroken is da only way to go if u want complete unrestricted ipad display to show on television.

Most reactions

Latest posts