What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting the iPad mini with the iPhone 4's hotspot

mattyh88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I would like to connect to my iPhone 4's hotspot (which has 3G). The iPad Mini does see the hotspot but the loading icon doesn't go away after choosing the hotspot and the wifi icon on the top of the screen isn't displayed so they aren't connected. What can I do to let this work?

Thank you.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mattyh88 said:
Hey,

I would like to connect to my iPhone 4's hotspot (which has 3G). The iPad Mini does see the hotspot but the loading icon doesn't go away after choosing the hotspot and the wifi icon on the top of the screen isn't displayed so they aren't connected. What can I do to let this work?

Thank you.

Try turning the WiFi on your iPad off, then on. You could also try turning your iPhone's hotspot off, then on.

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this problem and what you need to do is forget the connection on your device and make a new connection restart your phone and then it would work then reconnect then you will be able to get on the internet

OP
M

mattyh88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried switching it all off and on again but same problem occurs. I can connect perfectly to my home router with my iPad.

// Edit: I found out what I had to do. I had to configure the internet-tethering settings on my iPhone. It's all working now :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts