What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting streaming from iPad 2 to tv.

readyfreddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know if you can stream internet from the iPad to the tv. I tried it from my computer and it said that it must be by LAN or USB, i never got it to work. Can anyone help? Freddie

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know if you can stream internet from the iPad to the tv. I tried it from my computer and it said that it must be by LAN or USB, i never got it to work. Can anyone help? Freddie

Like youtube or other video?

Your gonna need a pass-thru device like apple tv or a pc connected to the tv. Do you have either?

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
The absolute easiest way is (as long as your TV has HDMI) with the Apple TV. Other than that, it involves some cludging, which can end up being about as much as an Apple TV anyway.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
that isnt really streaming, though.

No it's called mirroring, but what ever is streaming to your iPad will appear on the HDTV provided you use the adaptor plug available at the Apple store. It's $ 50 but for another $49 you could get Apple TV and mirror wirelessly.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I understand streaming/mirroring - I do it all the time with my iPad/iPhone and Apple TV. Depending on where the TV is in relation to where he wants to use the iPad, I would not be using cables. I would have to have a 20' cable to use the iPad where I sit in my living room to hit the TV.

Besides, does the iPad 2 even do Mirroring? I thought that was the 3 and up with the latest OS?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand streaming/mirroring - I do it all the time with my iPad/iPhone and Apple TV. Depending on where the TV is in relation to where he wants to use the iPad, I would not be using cables. I would have to have a 20' cable to use the iPad where I sit in my living room to hit the TV.

Besides, does the iPad 2 even do Mirroring? I thought that was the 3 and up with the latest OS?

Mine mirrors beautifully with ATV3 and my iPad 2!

Love my ATV, by the way!! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts