1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Connecting sandisk micro SD to my ipad 4

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by yinkus2019, Aug 16, 2013.

1. yinkus2019

yinkus2019 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please, I bought an accessory from apple to connect to my iPad in order to transfer my pictures but was told my a fiend that I need an application to that. The ones I saw on apple store are all wireless. Please, I need your urgent help.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,059 / 1
    Do you want to download photos from your cameras memory card to the iPad? If so, all you need is the camera connection kit. After turning the iPad on, insert the memory card in the slot in the camera connection kit, then plug it. Into the iPad. The screen will then show all the photos on the memory card and you can select which ones you want to import to your iPad.
  3. yinkus2019

yinkus2019 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I have the connection kit but it shows not compatible now

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0
    Hi Yinkus​ - you need to provide some more specific information: 1) Did you purchase a CCK from Apple like the one below or a 3rd party product?; 2) What does 'not compatible now' mean - i.e. did it work before?; and 3) You mentioned a 'micro SD' card (assume the one in your camera) - the CCK shown accommodates a standard SD card, so a micro adapter would be needed.

As already posted w/ the proper CCK, once the SD card is inserted and the kit attached to the iPad, the native Photo app should recognize the camera's storage and show the images which can then be imported (one or all or selected ones) and either removed or left on the SD card.

Finally, your iPad may need a 'Restart' or a 'Reset' to correct misbehaving software/hardware issues, so if not already done, see the quoted directions below - good luck and please post back your questions or solution - Dave :)

AppleCCKLightening.jpg