What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting my iPad to an amp.. Wirelessly?

phil5062

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wanting to connect to an amp... But the distance between amp and iPad would be about 5metres (as the crow flies, if it was wireless) or if I go for a cable (behind the plaster) it would be 8 metres...

So, would a QED Ilink Bluetooth do the job? When I turn on the ipad's Bluetooth, I don't receive 'devices' in range...

If I go down the cables route... I'd like a socket plate on the wall (to receive the Jack) using a curly cable from wall to iPad. What would I need and where could I buy the necessary?

Many thanks for any replies...

Phil

IvanLasston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does your amp use regular RCA jacks? I have been using the DC800 from Motorola - to plug into a bose sound dock - but I could plug it into an amp as well. Works pretty well. There is a little bit of a delay so videos work OK but not the greatest. The audio sounds fine though.

I actually found mine in a bargin bin at Best Buy for $12.

I cannot post links yet but the DC800 is available on Amazon.

ArthurIhde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does your amp use regular RCA jacks? I have been using the DC800 from Motorola - to plug into a bose sound dock - but I could plug it into an amp as well. Works pretty well. There is a little bit of a delay so videos work OK but not the greatest. The audio sounds fine though.

I actually found mine in a bargin bin at Best Buy for $12.

I cannot post links yet but the DC800 is available on Amazon.

what is price on amz?

IvanLasston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to google and type in
Code:
dc800 site:amazon.com
It looks like it's 41-47 US Dollars.

Most reactions