What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting iPod classic to iPad mini.

pureadrenaline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you guessed from the title I have all my music and videos on my 7th gen iPod classic and was wondering how I could connect and view them on my mini? From what I have gathered on google and YouTube is I would need to jailbreak my mini and download ifile, but for obvious reasons I was hoping to avoid jailbreaking my mini. Is it possible?

I tried searching, but there were a ton of results that would have taken forever to read through, hope you understand.

Thanks

Last edited:

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Music is intended to go one way: from your computer to the iPod. Going the other way is contrary to the design and is not trivial. Since it is so dated some of the links may not work. iTunes will only give you the option to copy your iTunes Store purchases directly from an iPod to the computer.

For everything else (music from CDs, other downloads etc) there are a number of third party utilities that you can use to retrieve the music files and playlists from your iPod. You'll find that they have varying degrees of functionality and some will transfer movies, videos, photos, podcasts and games as well.

A selection of iPod to iTunes utilities:
TuneJack Windows Only (iPhone and iPod Touch compatible)
SharePod Windows Only (iPhone and iPod Touch compatible)
iPod2PC Windows Only
iDump Windows Only
YamiPod Mac and Windows
iPod Music Liberator Mac & Windows
Floola Mac & Windows iPodRip Mac & Windows (iPhone and iPod Touch compatible)
iPod Music Liberator Mac & Windows (iPhone and iPod Touch compatible)
Music Rescue Mac & Windows (iPhone and iPod Touch compatible)
iGadget Mac & Windows (iPhone and iPod Touch compatible)
iRepo Mac & Windows (iPhone and iPod Touch compatible)
iPod Access Mac & Windows (iPhone and iPod Touch compatible)
TouchCopy Mac & Windows (iPhone and iPod Touch compatible)

From apple forums

OP
pureadrenaline

pureadrenaline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhh I completely forgot about the iPod being more of a one way device. Is there any other way to keep my music, videos, playlists, and album art? Most of my stuff has been ripped from my disks or directly from the artist(dubstep).

I guess i could use a flast drive, but like a lot of people I have spent a TON of time getting everything just right on my iPod and would hate to have that be for nothing.

Most reactions