What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting iPad3 to Stereo Receiver

SherylT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just gotten started in the DJ business, and have a receiver with a USB port on the front. I would like to be able to hook my iPad3 into this port and play my iTunes music through this receiver. What type of connector do I need to do this?

rooCASE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not a professional on DJ equip but does the receiver support iPod/iPad/MP3 players? If so, the cable that came with your iPad will do the job I think. If this is not the case, if you post up more info like the brand/model of your receiver, people would be able to help you better.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As rooCASE points out, the USB way won't be that easy unless the receiver specifically supports audio input from iPhones/iPods/iPads, and there's a suitable iPod to USB adapter available.. You might try just plug in the supplied 30pin to USB cable and see what happens. If it works... Great!

Why does it have to be USB? The easiest way would be to use a stereo 3.5mm to RCA adapter. Plug the 3.5mm plug into your iPad and the RCA jacks into your receiver input. You can get them at any electronics store (like Radio Shack). See image below:

Attachments

• 3611_large.jpg
    3611_large.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,289
OP
S

SherylT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your fast response . . . I gotta tell you, I feel really stupid about now. As soon as rooCASE mentioned the MP3 connection, it "clicked". I have already tried using my iPod Nano and it worked perfectly plugging it into the MP3 port (mini plug) on the front of the receiver. Duh, the iPad works exactly the same. Music comes out great and I can create playlists like I originally intended to do. The real reason I wanted to go with the new iPad is that it will hold so much more music than my tiny 2 GB Nano. Again, thanks for your help . . . and yes . . . I guess it was a blonde moment! -- Sheryl

Most reactions

Latest posts