What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting ipad via usb

ihsanabdullah86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How i want to copy data from ipad.
I have some problem because everytime i try to connect via usb, i only can see images folder (DCIM).
There's no other folder. How can i view the other folder, is it there is a specific setting.
Thank you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How i want to copy data from ipad.
I have some problem because everytime i try to connect via usb, i only can see images folder (DCIM).
There's no other folder. How can i view the other folder, is it there is a specific setting.
Thank you.

Sorry, but the iPad is not designed to be able to dig into its "innards." The only access, from a computer, that Apple has allowed on a stock iPad is to that DCIM folder you mentioned.

There are apps (e.g. Goodreader, iFiles, Flick, etc.) that enable you to create a connection with a computer to exchange files - but you have to have the file in the app. It's easy enough to do that, with the "open in" function; but that's it. The iPad is app-centric and each app "owns" it's own files - there is no central repository for files.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts