What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting Ipad to TV

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dannyduo said:
No Problem mate, Thanks for your input...Right who's next with any ideas on this little poser :)

If that is the way you connected before it should not have changed, you are connecting the same way i do, make sure your cable isn't bent, snagged etc; I had no issues after my upgrade so it sounds like something went wrong with the adapter or cable, try resetting your IPad into DFU mode and it will restore your IPad back to factory version firmware, if it work on your tv with the old then you know it's the firmware, i highly doubt though. Good luck

OP
dannyduo

dannyduo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice,
I have not made any changes to the connections and checked the cables with other appliances, the problem only occurred when I upgraded to 5.1.1. The HDMI connection to the ipad is just not recognised after the new update.

scbass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Danny,

I have the same problem that you have and it is on all 3 of the IPad 2's that are in my house. Before the latest upgrade I had not issue watching movies on all of my Samsung TV's or on TV's around the world, however after none of them work.

I use the A1388 HDMI adapter and have try many cables even on brand new TV's and still no go. I bought the adapter last Nov. in Thailand and it worked great until I upgraded to 5.1.1 in May.

From what I have read it seems like we now have to buy a new adapter because the one mentioned above will not work.

So I am with you wish someone could give a fix I have 30 movies on my IPads that I would love to watc othe 50".

scbass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more thing is that I do not have the TV option on any of the IPad as I did before.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This definitely must be an issue with the latest update then. I don't think either one of you are gonna come right if your iPad isn't jailbroken to get this working again.

OP
dannyduo

dannyduo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Blueray, How safe is it to Jailbreak the ipad2, mine is Brand new and I have some doubts about doing it..Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dannyduo said:
Hi Blueray, How safe is it to Jailbreak the ipad2, mine is Brand new and I have some doubts about doing it..Thanks

Completely safe, if it all starts to go wrong you can restore it back to a stock iPad as easily as restoring any other iPad. For more info, check out the excellent guides and tutorials in this section of the forum http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreaking-hacking-tutorials-how-guides/

The Archangel

fanckush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Their is a cydia tweak called "displayout" or "display mirroring" they both enable mirroring to tv (or projector) with cable.
It was supposed to be for ipad 1 and iphone 4 or older, but "displayout" description says: for iphone 4s ipad 2.
Displayout is NOT for free, BUT display mirroring is FREE

OP
dannyduo

dannyduo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can we PLEASE get back to the matter in Hand, why won't the new OS upgrade allow us to plug our Ipad2 into a flatscreen tv ??

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dannyduo said:
Can we PLEASE get back to the matter in Hand, why won't the new OS upgrade allow us to plug our Ipad2 into a flatscreen tv ??

I don't see it has been discussed, but is the adapter between the iPad and the HDMI cable a genuine Apple cable or a cheaper knock off?
If a non-genuine adapter then that is your problem. It has been regularly noted that some 3rd party accessories stop working after a firmware update, I suspect Apple like to push people to by the genuine adapters. Get an Apple genuine adapter and that should solve your issues.

OP
dannyduo

dannyduo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is a Genuine Apple adaptor, as I mentioned, it worked fine before the OS upgade.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dannyduo said:
Yes it is a Genuine Apple adaptor, as I mentioned, it worked fine before the OS upgade.

That is odd indeed. Certainly sounded like a non genuine accessory issue. My suggestion would be to talk to Apple, maybe rule out the adapter as the problem. I have a genuine VGA adapter with the current OS with no issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts