What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting iPad to TV using DLNA

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is too cool!

I have a Panasonic Viera TC-L47ET5 TV. I am using the MediaConnect app and the Viera Remote app to play my music and view my photos on the TV from my iPad.

OP
AlexisW

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have Samsung tv with DLNA, and I have iPad, so I should install MediaConnect and Viera Romete.
Shoud I make some additional settings? And how can I add media files to the program?

I do not think that you can use Viera Remote with a Samsung TV. It's Panasonic specific.

Now, with Media:Connect - I just installed it and it pick up the music and picture files from my iPad and sent them to my TV.

There has been an update to Media:Connect that people are very unhappy with. I did not and do not plan to do the update. So, I'm not sure if the current version will work. If you do install the current version I am interested to know if you can get it to work. The app did disappear for a while from the App Store in the US then suddenly showed back up with an update.

Good Luck!

marila

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AlexisW said:
This is too cool!

I have a Panasonic Viera TC-L47ET5 TV. I am using the MediaConnect app and the Viera Remote app to play my music and view my photos on the TV from my iPad.

Hello, I have a Lg smart tv. I try to find DLNA surfing iTunes, couldn't find for my Lg tv.
What can I do to have a connection?
It is possible to use a different DLNA server for my tv?

OP
AlexisW

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Lg smart tv. I try to find DLNA surfing iTunes, couldn't find for my Lg tv.
What can I do to have a connection?
It is possible to use a different DLNA server for my tv?

I think that you can use mediaconnect for any DLNA TV. You can download it and try it.

I don't know of anything else that can be used as I am happy with mediaconnect and have not looked for anything else.

Viera remote is just an app that let's you use your iPad as a remote control for Panasonic smart TVs. It has nothing to do with DLNA.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts