What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting iPad to a TV

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I show iTunes movie I have on my iPad on our Tv. I have lots of HDMI connections and there is computer connection. But I think the computer connection won't recognize the iPad , as it never connected the iPad 1.
Is there a way to do it?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple sells a 30pin to hdmi cable. You get that, plug into the 30pin connector, the plug your hdmi cable to your tv into the other end of the apple cable. Then you iPad screen will appear on your tv screen. Or you can get an apple tv. You plug the hdmi cable from your tv into your apple tv. Then you can wirelessly transmit from iPad to apple tv and get that to show on your tv. Best to have apple tv on Ethernet and a good wifi connection for iPad to make it work well.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the simplest way is to purchase Apple TV. It is absolutely brilliant for showing content on your iphone and iPad, and has virtually no set up and no cables. I love it for either streaming tv programmes on catch up telly, or for mirroring content from my iPad or iPhone. It is also great for YouTube and for listening to music from my pc through the big telly in our living room.

Most reactions

Latest posts