What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting iPad 1 using a Droid and PDANET THROUGH BLUETOOTH

jahock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently remotely use my droid and PDANet to connect my laptop to the web when there is no Hotspot. I would like to do the same with my iPad 1. What do I need to load onto my iPad to make this happen?
John

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm no expert here but assuming they can produce a wifi signal (i.e. turn themselves into a hotspot)then go into Settings>wifi on your iPad and look for the network those devices are creating and click on it. Presumably they generate a password and you will need to enter that when prompted and you should be good to go!

The Archangel

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Turn on Bluetooth on your iPad in Settings - Bluetooth, then connect to your Android phone. That's the way I use mine as hotspot for the iPad sometimes.

The Android must be set to allow Bluetooth tethering, and Bluetooth has to be turned on.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I've just learnt something new, nice solution, thank you!

The Archangel

My pleasure! :)
I used it this week for the first time, because 3G isn't working on my iPad 2.
It should be easy to do.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts