What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect to Wireless network and LAN to Samsung LCD

ozstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI,

I have a network systen which in one area is wireless to the router then wired to the TV.

I would like to see my movies etc on the TV.

Can I do this using my setup...e.g iPad wireless to router then wired to TV?

I can connect the iPad to the router okay for web, mail etc , just haven't tried to connect to the TV.

Thanks

oz

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does the TV have a network port for Ethernet? If so, check the manual for the TV to see what it allows in regards to he Ethernet connection. Samsung does have a Media Player app that allows you to use the iPad as an advanced remote for controlling its Internet tv functionality and access to any DLNA servers you may have on your network.

Check it out for compatibility with your TV.

OP
O

ozstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI,

Yes we have the router connected to it by cable and I have watched some Internet through the Samsung Smart TV Menu area.

I also was also able to get the Remote going using the iPad Samsung Remote App. This unfortunately is no good for me, as I have cable TV through Optus and no TV antenna and I don't thing it can replace the Foxtel remote, but still looking! :)

My friend has an Apple TV thingo box and very easily can watch anything he has on the iPad.

I wanted to see if I can do the same without having to spend a other $100 or so on yet another box!!

I have joined Crackle and they have umpteen free old movies which I would like to see on the TV not the iPad.

Some somehow I want to get those movies onto the big screen.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

oz

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple TV is the seamless way, but you could get a cable to go from the iPad to the TV. By the time you get the connector plus the cable run, you might find the Apple TV is better value.

all the adapter cables come in around $40 for the genuine Apple ones. If you want sound, skip the VGA one. Looking at HDMI by the time you purchase a decent run, it will make the Apple TV very attractive. Even the component or composite run will get up there is you have to cover some distance.

Bottom line, Apple TV is the way to go!

Most reactions

Latest posts