1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Connect to wifi Or iTunes desktop! Is there a fix?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by iwhat, Oct 22, 2010.

1. iwhat

iwhat iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello there!
    Recently I have started to notice an irritating message box saying "Connect to wifi or iTunes from your desktop to download (name of the app)",the title of the box is "this download is bigger than 20mb" or similar. Now this is obvious that every time I want to download any app larger than 20 MB then this annoying prompt appears.I understand its done to protect users from over using the expensive AT&T data and hence getting an astronomical bill,but I use an unlimited data plan for my iPad,and more often than not my pc with iTunes isn't available,I have only Linux and locked down vista machines where I work or in my campus. So this can really get annoying. Is there a way to fix this or disable this lock? I am really hating this user friendly non-friendly feature.

Thanks and no jailbreak suggestions :)
  2. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Connect to your mobile phone with WiFi, or visit Starbucks? There is no other way that I know of.