What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect to iTunes

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hello, I m using iPad 4 I did not do latest update. From few day's I use any apps,before start it notify me connect to iTunes then apps start. Why,

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To easy to understand.
62042c8e3e0c465fd8543fb6651d54b5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello anybody home?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose you get that popup because your software is not up to date.

Backup your iPad. Connect it to iTunes and install the latest software version, which is iOS 9.0.1. After restoring/updating, reset your iPad.

Hope that helps.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But two thing plz where and how backup 2nd iTunes who to connect. Isn't with PC ooh.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can backup via iCloud, as before. After performing the backup, connect your iPad to a computer. If you don't own one, use a pc/mac at work, or try it with a friend's. iTunes has to be installed.

This will help you find the latest version, and you'll see a link there to download it:
Get the latest version of iTunes - Apple Support
You'll find the instructions how to update your iPad on this site:
Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Don't use the method that's mentioned first, use the second one, where iTunes is included.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds to me like he isn't signed into his iTunes account.

Check Settings Apps & iTunes Store, and make sure you are signed in. You have to be signed into some kind of Apple account to get notifications. Since the iCloud account is optional, I'm guessing the iTunes Apple ID will do the trick.

Though it would be a good idea to check that you are signed into your iCloud account under Settings > iCloud as well.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mr.poet u was right I was logout from iTunes account today I notice when I try to call via FB then it's ask me login

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I started now after complication of process it all gone on cloud and if I want stop between then
2d29c9373ac83d08c3f3b138ef9a66c3.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It would be unwise to stop this syncing process midway, but all you should have to do is turn the switch off. Since you choose to keep the originals on the iPad, there 'should' be no loss of data.

Hold in mind it can take a day or two for all photos to upload to iCloud Photo Library; depending on your internet connections upload speed. Upload speed is often much slower than the download speed. Mine took almost 3 days to upload. But my library was also much larger than yours, and most of it was uploading from the iMac, not the iPad.

No idea how long it will take the storage in iCloud to free up. If I remember it right it keeps your photo library there for a while (30 days) just in case you made a mistake and need to recover it. But that's old news, from when it was still in beta.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That was long time, so I connect iPad with PC where my PC show some folder DM name some I copy one the folder, but surprise that was blank some I double click then it show my I pix on iPad,I open one by one folder and copy all in PC. Now if I updated my iPad it's sure that pix will delete ? And if yes then can I copy again in iPad. I m waiting for ur reply then I do 2nd step.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The DMIC folder that shows up when you plug in the iPad into a PC has the photos stored in the Photo Album. It won't contain photos that were synced via iTunes or the Photo Stream.

If your photos are showing up int he DCIM folder that you copied from the iPad, then you are good to go. You can copy them back at a later date of they don't restore from the backup.

If the photos are not there, then you need to figure out another method of backing them up. Because if they are not in the DCIM folder, or a subfolder in the DCIM folder, then they won't be in the backup either.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I notice when I connect iPad with PC copy 1 pix then try to copy again in ipad but Apple did not allow (while right click on option of paste), I the question is how all pix paste again in iPad after if I update my device and no data remain in hand.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You wont' be able to just drop pictures back into the DCIM folder to copy them back to the iPad. You'll need to use another app to import them again. I like the Photosync app. There are others.

The reason you can't do this is that there is more going on in the Photo's app than a folder of pictures. They have to be indexed, organized, and other stuff. This is usually done when a picture is taken or imported. Just dumping pictures back into the folder would be like dumping books in the middle of a library. There they are, but how are you going to find the ones you need?

Ideally, your pictures should have come back when your restored from the backup; so I wouldn't bother with an app to restore them until you find out if it is necessary. Just make sure they are on the computer, and that you can view them there.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank u sir the said app will download on PC or device . So u advice that I make backup But where on device and iTunes update did not effect backup. Sorry if I understand wrong.

Most reactions

Latest posts