What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect ipad with pc - wireless or wifi

georgevj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want my ipad2 to connect to internet through my pc which runs on LAN at workplace. How do i set it up? Help!!! Please!!! thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, Tim. I am well repaid for the other thread.

I've been doing the same thing on the iMac, and I knew there had to be a way to do it in Windows. I just couldn't find the right combination of settings on the netbook. Windows and I are not the best of friends. :)

I felt kind of seedy telling people I could only help them with this problem if they had a Mac.

vpapita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But if I have XP, then is there way to connect iPad via USB cable to my pc and access Internet?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. You can not get internet to the iPad by any method other than wi-fi. It isn't supported in the software (iOS), regardless of what hardware is present.

If you XP machine is hardwired into the internet (a cable) and has a wi-fi radio as well, then you might be able to use your computer like a wi-fi router; but you can't both get and server internet through wi-fi with the same computer. The hardware doesn't support it, let alone the software.

Create an Instant Wireless Hotspot Using Your Connected Windows XP Notebook

And that is all you can do.

It would be far easier to just buy a wi-fi router. They are not that expensive.

Most reactions