Connect ipad to Bose SoundDock

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Philia, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Philia

Philia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My dock does not have aux port on back. I've seen one blog for using a Rad Teck Dock Extender Alternative design 47 in cable for 30-pin ipod/iphone...says it works and remote for SoundDock works too! Anyone else do this? I saw the cable on amazon.

2. Philia

Philia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    RadTech site says it works for iPad.

Who's done it?

3. DaWeav

DaWeav iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I purchased a iPod/iPhone 2in1 cable of Ebay which I connect to my stereo AUX jack and iPad wall charger at the same time. It should work for the AUX jack on the Bose the same way. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkfIF95uu_Q&playnext=1&list=PLDF1E9E7A9F894A0C"]I'm doing what this guy is doing without the iPad dock[/ame].

AND!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw1IUI_cbCU"]This guy is using the Sprint Anycom Bluetooth adapter connected to the Bose Sounddock iPod port to wirelessly play music over A2DP (stereo) Bluetooth.[/ame] I'd think the iPad should be able to do the same. The Sprint Anycom Bluetooth adapter is no longer being made, but can be found on Ebay for around $25 if you search for it. Might be worth investing in one since most devices are coming equipped with A2DP capable Bluetooth these days.

4. Philia

Philia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    iPad to Bose SoundDock

Thanks for trying..... That guy on utube has a seriesII SoundDock with an aux port on the back. Mine doesn't have one. I went to the RadTech site and saw the specs on the extender cord. It looked right and said it works for iPad. The small cord white version is only $15 on Amazon ! Just would like to hear from someone who's done it.