What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulation - New iPAD Application of OUR Forum

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting. I like Tapatalk pro on the Android because I visit a lot of different Forums. Unfortunately the iOS version is iPhone only and looks sad on iPad. I guess for now a dedicated iPad App is cool. I usually use Atomic browser for reading and posting.

Has anyone here used the full Forum Runner App this is based on? Reviews in the AppStore are not very good.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zorah said:
Oh cool-learn a new thing every day here. I will download this app and check it out. I have the forum page marked of course on Safari and have been using it that way which of course works great , but this is worth checking out too.

I like it, too. Speedy!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone here used the full Forum Runner App this is based on? Reviews in the AppStore are not very good.

The main complaints don't seem to be about the quality of the app, but the lack of forums, and no way to find out which forums are supported before getting the app. Lots of 4 and 5 star reviews, I'm guessing from people who found their favorite forums listed.

Probably best to just get the free version and see if your favorite forums are there. Of course, I'm not sure if the free version has the full database.

-- What the heck. I just bought the full app. It's only 2 dollars. I'll let you know what I think after I've had a chance to play with it.

Update: I should have got the free one. It works well, but it doesn't have any of the forum's I use, including this one. There are lots of forums, even Apple stuff forums, just not any that matter to me. Droid forums are also under represented, not surprisingly. There are only two.

Their big thing seem more along the lines of the OP app. They like to supply one offs, and seem to do a great job of it.

Last edited:

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up on the app there people and so far it looking good i will download later on when i get home tonight ..

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to have a marking that shows new posts to a thread or more to the point a way to mark forum read so I can come back and see whats new. But so far loving this app, the speed and ease of use is awesome.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh No! Another app! This is going to be an app I'll use often. I don't have to go to Safari anymore!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I would like to have a marking that shows new posts to a thread or more to the point a way to mark forum read so I can come back and see whats new. But so far loving this app, the speed and ease of use is awesome.

Well, it won't show if a specific forum has unread messages in it, but the titles of the unread messages are in bold.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually didn't look around the app enough. I can mark a forum as read/no new posts via the reply option box... silly me! I had a feeling it was user issue. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
BrennB said:
I actually didn't look around the app enough. I can mark a forum as read/no new posts via the reply option box... silly me! I had a feeling it was user issue. :)

Didn't notice that either. I've spent most of my time in the Subscribed and Current modes.

Most reactions

Latest posts