What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused with Tinyumbrella

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm attempting to save my SHSH blobs with Tinyumbrella on my ipad 2. This is my first time ever doing this so I'm a little confused. I noticed on some videos, when they plug their device in on the side of the program a thing will pop up that says "connected devices" or somethin like that and it will show their device. That does not happen for me. Also I was wondering if I'm able to do this for firmware 4.3 or if I will need to update to 4.3.3.

And I'm just verifying, I will still be able to jailbreak if I update to 4.3.3 right?

Thanks.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so, does iTunes recognize the iPad?

And you can't save blobs for 4.3 because apple stopped signing it. You can however upgrade to 4.3.3 and save blobs but you have until iOS 5 comes out to do that.

OP
C

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so, does iTunes recognize the iPad?

And you can't save blobs for 4.3 because apple stopped signing it. You can however upgrade to 4.3.3 and save blobs but you have until iOS 5 comes out to do that.

Yes iTunes does recognize the iPad.

So I need to update to 4.3.3? Will I still be able to jailbreak using jailbreakme 3.0 if I do that?

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded TU today- opened it and unchecked the tick boxes (the 3 in the middle, I think). Then I connected my iPad to my laptop, and it detected it. Then I just clicked Save Blobs, and voila! Saved blobs for 4.3.3 and 5.0b1.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

OP
C

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, that is the newest version. Maybe Leigh can help when he wakes up.

Ok that would be nice thank you.

I just downloaded TU today- opened it and unchecked the tick boxes (the 3 in the middle, I think). Then I connected my iPad to my laptop, and it detected it. Then I just clicked Save Blobs, and voila! Saved blobs for 4.3.3 and 5.0b1.

Thanks for that information, in a minute I'm going to update firmware to 4.3.3 as soon as I verify that I can still jailbreak on that firmware and then I'm going to try that.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crazyjackson said:
Ok that would be nice thank you.

Thanks for that information, in a minute I'm going to update firmware to 4.3.3 as soon as I verify that I can still jailbreak on that firmware and then I'm going to try that.

4.3.3 will be jailbreakable. Although, you don't need to upgrade to save blobs. Stay at 4.3 and TU will save future blobs- 4.3.3 and 5.0b1

kenz0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having trouble saving my 4.3.3 blobs. I unchecked the 3 boxes like above poster but it doesn't save. The logs says I'm too late to save it which I know is not possible because other people are having success. Can someone please help me

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure you are on 4.3.3? On the iPad, go to settings, general, about. See what you are on. Apple is still signing 4.3.3 so it should work. 4.3 however is not eligible to be saved.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
4.3.3 will be jailbreakable. Although, you don't need to upgrade to save blobs. Stay at 4.3 and TU will save future blobs- 4.3.3 and 5.0b1

As long as he saves them before iOS 5 comes out and apple closes the window. And he can't save the beta shsh unless he has the beta. But he is on 4.3.3. ;):)

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These show what TU looks like when I connected my iPad, and what settings I used.

Attachments

• image-3618392657.png
    image-3618392657.png
    619.6 KB · Views: 308
  • image-889993371.png
    image-889993371.png
    636.9 KB · Views: 274

kenz0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently on 4.3 but I want to save 4.3.3. Can't you save higher fw if you are on a lower one?

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
As long as he saves them before iOS 5 comes out and apple closes the window. And he can't save the beta shsh unless he has the beta. But he is on 4.3.3. ;):)

I don't have beta but TU was fine with getting me the blob 5.0b1. What up with that?

Most reactions

Latest posts