1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Confused about VPN

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by jojee33, Nov 21, 2010.

1. jojee33

jojee33 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a locked iPad and am going to Mexico for a week.

1) Can I purchase a US VPN (like AceVPN or StrongVPN) to stream Zumocast from my laptop at home?

2) Is using a US VPN a way just to access blocked US sites and/or to do so without signing up for an international data plan?

3) Will I still need to upgrade to an international plan to avoid roaming charges or can I just use Wifi?

My thoughts were that I could use wifi and install Skype on my iphone 4g to make calls home. Then use VPN over wifi to access streaming video.
  2. striker1972

striker1972 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use vpn with my ipad. It works great. I can reach all blocked sites and the sites which only allow for USA residences. I use it with only wifi. I can recommend you StrongVpn. I have no problem with it for months. They have 24 hours online help line.
  3. yesvpn

yesvpn iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use vpn with my ipad. strongvpn is great but too expensive I suggest you use vpntraffic