What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused about VPN

jojee33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a locked iPad and am going to Mexico for a week.

1) Can I purchase a US VPN (like AceVPN or StrongVPN) to stream Zumocast from my laptop at home?

2) Is using a US VPN a way just to access blocked US sites and/or to do so without signing up for an international data plan?

3) Will I still need to upgrade to an international plan to avoid roaming charges or can I just use Wifi?

My thoughts were that I could use wifi and install Skype on my iphone 4g to make calls home. Then use VPN over wifi to access streaming video.

striker1972

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use vpn with my ipad. It works great. I can reach all blocked sites and the sites which only allow for USA residences. I use it with only wifi. I can recommend you StrongVpn. I have no problem with it for months. They have 24 hours online help line.

yesvpn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use vpn with my ipad. strongvpn is great but too expensive I suggest you use vpntraffic

Most reactions