What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused about mute switch?

Hawkmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So with the new os, the lock button turned in to a mute switch supposedly. When iam playing pandora and hit the mute nothing happens?

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's the same mute switch that is on the iPhone.... the only difference is the iPhone have a vibrator and the iPad does not...

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, the mute switch now works just like the iPhone - which is dumb IMO because the iPhone "rings" and the iPad can't.

Really all you do is turn off notifications, but games and music will still continue to play under "mute".

If you still haven't found it, the rotation lock "switch" is displayed when you double-tap the home button and scroll all the way to the left in the task bar.

You'll find more info in our video FAQ.

OP
H

Hawkmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Videos were well done and informative, thanks.

dar512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for expanding, Numb.

I guess it's no big deal. I didn't lock rotation all that often before. It does seem pretty useless for the iPad though.

jackmahon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not important.

I don't care about the mute button, I'm deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other.

ipadfornothing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its there to meet cetain legal requirements i think .... all mobile devices have comply with rules and regulations that mean it must be able to mute all sound

Most reactions

Latest posts