What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confounded & confused

dabigguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I booted up the unit I must have inadvertently skipped the Itunes download since I cannot get to the actual site where u can look at your library and load music form one's hard drive & other sources. All i get is the icon to the store and CANNOT for the life of me bring that area up!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obviously when I click my non-apple(ipad) cpu's I go right to the site I described above. nOW i JUST GET THE STORE NO MATTER WHAT i DO!!!!:confused:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm confused as well but more by your question.......now, if I am right, are you looking at iTunes on your iPad? If you are then on the iPad it is just a store, it's not the same as iTunes on a mac/PC. When you sync your media gets sent to the relevant apps.....so music will go to your iPod app (bottom right on the home page) and video will go to the video app (top right). There are some stranger effects but that's a good start.

Now to be honest I could be answering the wrong question but if I am let us know in simple, clear terms and we'll try to help.

The Archangel

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of questions that are not answered. If you had iTunes on your computer, and you used it to register your computer, you have not missed anything. Your music and other items may not have loaded onto your iPad, but all you have to do is connect to your computer and follow the instructions to select what you want to download.

I also wonder if you are trying to find your music by opening the iTunes icon on the iPad. If so, your music is not there. That is the the iTunes store icon. Your music will be under the iPod icon.

OP
D

dabigguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you!! I am just used to clicking the music note icon on laptop & having that site opening whether I have music in there or not. I will take ur advice and since most of my music is on another computer & my IPOD I will plug my ipod into my Ipad(lmao) :D & see if that prompts the area I am looking for. Also, when I am in Pandora and have selected music to listen too how do I turn of the music w/o shutting down the ipad( I know I am a bit slow)!! :( It is a "senior struggle!!

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Thank you!! I am just used to clicking the music note icon on laptop & having that site opening whether I have music in there or not. I will take ur advice and since most of my music is on another computer & my IPOD I will plug my ipod into my Ipad(lmao) :D & see if that prompts the area I am looking for. Also, when I am in Pandora and have selected music to listen too how do I turn of the music w/o shutting down the ipad( I know I am a bit slow)!! :( It is a "senior struggle!!

Double click the home buttom. Touch the Pandora icon and hold until it jiggles (yes, I said jiggles) then touch the red minus sign to close the Pandora app.

Most reactions

Latest posts