What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conflicting IP Address

Gary_P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am starting to use Photo-Sort to import photos into various folders.

The program requires that the iPad be plugged into my PC. The program basically creates an FTP link between the iPad and the PC so you can drag and drop images into folders.

The Problem:

When you are ready to import you push a wifi button on the PhotoSmart program. A message comes up saying:

Please open My Computer and connect your computer to the following address ftp://192.168.0.120:8080 to import/export photos.

That represents the current wifi address of the iPad, (with the exception of the :8080). The PC is running wireless to a similar IP 192.168.0.117. If I reset the wireless connection on the laptop the last number may change. Unfortunately it never hits the same IP as the ipad. I can also perform the same process on the iPad but these two never seem to land on the same IP thus allowing me to make that connection.

Any ideas????

Thanks guys.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think it has to be plugged in to your PC.... Also, I think you need to put the FTP link in you browser address box such as safar on your PCi.... Your devices will always be assigned different ip addys.

Most reactions

Latest posts