What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*CONFIRMED* iOS 5, iTunes Cloud, Mac OS X Lion NEXT MONDAY AT WWDC

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to laugh when I read that. :) Jobs is brilliant. But Jobs also has some kind of fatal flaw fault line running through his head on a few issues. That is probably a good thing, if you think about it, because if he didn't, he would probably own and rule the world, and I'm not ready to become his subject. Really. :D

Why do I know that I am going to get angry watching the keynote as Steve Jobs blatantly rips off Android features while he condescendingly dismisses Android yet calls the new iOS features revolutionary. IDK, something about the guy just gets under my skin. Too arrogant for me.

You're free to go back to an Android tablet. I am a dyed in the wool PC person, but, whether or not Jobs is arrogant and myopic, the darned thing works and at least as of today the Android tabs are at best a kludge.

I don't deny that. There just isn't any reason to be an ass when your company is making the better product, which Steve Jobs regularly is. Because the day WILL come when your company no longer makes the best product. Don't want to derail the topic, just annoyed when Apple "reinvents things" and they are "revolutionary" all while insulting the company whose ideas you "reinvented".

Techpaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.techpaste.info
Thphilli said:
Why do I know that I am going to get angry watching the keynote as Steve Jobs blatantly rips off Android features while he condescendingly dismisses Android yet calls the new iOS features revolutionary. IDK, something about the guy just gets under my skin. Too arrogant for me.

In all fairness Android is nothing compared to ios. I have had Android tablets and android phones and all they ever do is go tits up. He has every right to compare himself to android because they are the competition (apart from RIM but im sure steve jobs doesnt lose sleep over them). Im happy for the guy, him and his team have made awesome products over the years and have executed the marketing campaigns beautifully. Good on him :)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

My answer is simple just go play golf, go swimming and don't stress out no one ask you to watch the presentation it is your choice. As they say cut the power .....It is that simple

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Engadget have found this online before it was removed.

iTunes leak suggests 'Automatic Download' over-the-air updates are coming in iOS 5
By Dana Wollman posted Jun 4th 2011 1:05PM

In the lead-up to this year's WWDC, we so far know three things for sure: Apple will unveil OS X Lion, iCloud, and... automatic, over-the-air app updates for iOS 5, apparently. While searching for updates in iTunes, a MacRumors reader stumbled upon this page, which alludes to an "Automatic Download" feature that allows for wireless syncing. Also, the fact that Apple went out of its way to say "...if your device has Automatic Download enabled for apps" makes us wonder what else we'll soon be able to update over the air. The company has since pulled the tattletale page in iTunes, but MacRumors grabbed a screenshot while it was still live. Looks like the cat's out of the bag, but we'll let you know when Jobs & Co. make it official on Monday.
MacRumors

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Engadget have found this online before it was removed.

iTunes leak suggests 'Automatic Download' over-the-air updates are coming in iOS 5
By Dana Wollman posted Jun 4th 2011 1:05PM

In the lead-up to this year's WWDC, we so far know three things for sure: Apple will unveil OS X Lion, iCloud, and... automatic, over-the-air app updates for iOS 5, apparently. While searching for updates in iTunes, a MacRumors reader stumbled upon this page, which alludes to an "Automatic Download" feature that allows for wireless syncing. Also, the fact that Apple went out of its way to say "...if your device has Automatic Download enabled for apps" makes us wonder what else we'll soon be able to update over the air. The company has since pulled the tattletale page in iTunes, but MacRumors grabbed a screenshot while it was still live. Looks like the cat's out of the bag, but we'll let you know when Jobs & Co. make it official on Monday.
MacRumors

It was removed!? I saw it too. I can't remember where but it wasn't on Engadget

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you seen Philsynowiec's thread, he's got some great photo's of the building with all the banners.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, wow! Give me some of that cloud! Did you all see that keynote? Free icloud! What a winner! I'll pay for the music definitely!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oh, wow! Give me some of that cloud! Did you all see that keynote? Free icloud! What a winner! I'll pay for the music definitely!

I may be on iCloud 9!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, loads but I was more interested in iCloud and ios5. I haven't got a Mac.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reaction score
Yes, loads but I was more interested in iCloud and ios5. I haven't got a Mac.

Perhaps I missed it but is the need to redownload the entire app or OS still going to be needed with iOS 5? Is it going to be the same or just update the existing?

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Most reactions

Latest posts