What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*CONFIRMED* iOS 5, iTunes Cloud, Mac OS X Lion NEXT MONDAY AT WWDC

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LITaMcJhins]YouTube - ‪*CONFIRMED* iOS 5, iTunes Cloud, Mac OS X Lion NEXT MONDAY AT WWDC - iOS Vlog 420‬‏[/ame]​

Apple has sent out an official press release for the Worldwide Developers Conference(WWDC) next week. This press release included confirmations on iTunes Cloud (now iCloud), iOS 5, and Mac OS X Lion. iOS 5 and Mac OS X we know will be great, but there is a new turd in the punchbowl, iCloud. This service is supposed to let us store our music and data for use on the go without the need of it taking up hard drive space. iOS 5 is rumored to feature a new notification system and other features. WWDC takes place next Monday, June 6th 2011 at 10:00am(Apple Keynote), we'll have full coverage here!

Apple - Press Info - Apple to Unveil Next Generation Software at Keynote Address on Monday, June 6

ian.ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope they do some groundbreaking stuff to make the most of the iPads power. Great opportunity with the advancements Android is making.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looking forward to Lion and iCloud. I'll no doubt annoy my family by watching the keynote during dinner. Usually Ars Technica or AllThingsD will be live blogging the event.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do UK members watch this? Any suggestions? I usually go onto engadget app but that is a blog and there is a delay!

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do I know that I am going to get angry watching the keynote as Steve Jobs blatantly rips off Android features while he condescendingly dismisses Android yet calls the new iOS features revolutionary. IDK, something about the guy just gets under my skin. Too arrogant for me.

Nelson7709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:
Why do I know that I am going to get angry watching the keynote as Steve Jobs blatantly rips off Android features while he condescendingly dismisses Android yet calls the new iOS features revolutionary. IDK, something about the guy just gets under my skin. Too arrogant for me.

NOT in Steve Jobs' nature. It's just that he cannot let it slide. You know what i mean.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You're free to go back to an Android tablet. I am a dyed in the wool PC person, but, whether or not Jobs is arrogant and myopic, the darned thing works and at least as of today the Android tabs are at best a kludge.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You're free to go back to an Android tablet. I am a dyed in the wool PC person, but, whether or not Jobs is arrogant and myopic, the darned thing works and at least as of today the Android tabs are at best a kludge.

I don't deny that. There just isn't any reason to be an ass when your company is making the better product, which Steve Jobs regularly is. Because the day WILL come when your company no longer makes the best product. Don't want to derail the topic, just annoyed when Apple "reinvents things" and they are "revolutionary" all while insulting the company whose ideas you "reinvented".

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm writing this BUT Android is shooting itself in the foot by releasing an OS before it's ready AND putting on a poc Moto product. Apple QC vs Moto QC is a no brainer no matter which OS it's running.
I'll look at Android tablets again on the 8th when the Samsung 10.1 comes out but as it stands Apple rules the tablet domain. Jobs seems arrogant but as of yet no one has been able to knock the smirk off his face. If you read the history of his rise to godhood it is surprising he has reputation for being so arrogant and closed eared. It's really not true for the most part. The man just takes a crapload of pride in the iproducts and deservedly so.
I am looking forward to the press conference for 2 reasons. 1 to see how the man is holding up since taking another leave of absence and 2 to see how Apple will over promise and under deliver, just like every other piece of technology, and watch the sheep on both sides of the fanboy war ewe/ahh or gripe about it as they continue to buy said products( android/apple) no matter what body part or precious commodity they have to pawn to get it.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Most reactions

Latest posts