What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

configuring signature in E-mail

thampiverghese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried in settings >Mail >signature.But the signature wouldn't show in the mail.Do I have to do anything more?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To be clear.

You went into Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> Signature, and entered some text to be your signature.

When you create or reply to an email in the Mail app, the signature is not showing up?

BTW, the signature is just a line or two of text. It is not separated or formatted in anyway that makes it stand out.

OP
T

thampiverghese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
E-mail signature

Thanks for the reply.It is only one line.But it doesn't show up in new mail,forward or reply.Is it because I am using the web mail(yahoo).Should I create an I-pad mail account?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You'll need to use the mail app for that signature to apply. It won't work for the webpage.

It won't involve you setting up another account, you'll be able to set your current account with the mail app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As DeBref said, the signature only works for the Mail app. You can add a Yahoo account in Mail by Going to Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> Add Account, choose Yahoo and enter your account information. In my opinion this is the easiest way to use Yahoo Mail on the iPad.

From what little I've seen there is no way to set a signature in the mobile version of Yahoo's web browser, and signatures set in the desktop version don't seem to carry over, at least not in the new beta interface.

If you really want to use the web interface, and need the signatures, you could use a third party browser like Atomic Browser and change the browser identity. This will fool Yahoo into thinking you are using a desktop browser, and you'll get the full desktop version. You'll need to spring for the full version of Atomic Browser to get the ability to change the browser identification. There are other browsers that can do this, but Atomic is the one I'm most familiar with.

Not everything may work as expected this way. I did a quick test of the new beta interface. It warns that the iPad does not have the the screen resolution recommended, and that it may not work right. Indeed, it is a little quirky in landscape mode, but seemed to work well enough in portrait. I did not do a full test of the site, so you are on your own.

OP
T

thampiverghese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Buddy.I just got the I-Pad2 and am taking baby steps.The signature is not that important to me.But I like bragging to my friends showing "sent from I-pad"At this stage of my learning curve I don't want to complicate things.The default message on signature when I opened settings was "sent from my I-Pad".When I saw this in e-mails from friends I thought Apple created it as automatic as a marketing ploy. This is the 1st Apple gadget I am using.I was a PC guy.Thanks for the detailed info.

Most reactions