What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conditions in Numbers

gerherz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to include functions in conditions?
i.e: SUMIF(A1:A10, >=DATE(2011,C8,01), B1:B10)

The only way I can make that kind of condition work is by entering it as a string, which is not useful if I want to copy the formula to other cells (cannot keep the reference to other cells inside the condition).

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree this is an iWorks question but I've copied your post to the Help section because most Members look there to assist others.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I'll take a stab at it. I haven't tested this, because I'm feeling too lazy to create the spreadsheet needed, but here is how I created the formula shown in the attachment.

- Choose the cell for the formula by double tapping, and going into formula mode in the cell editor.

- Tap functions, navigate to SUMIF, tap it. You get the function and three sets of variables; test-value, condition, sum-values

- test-values is already highlighted. If not tap on it to highlight, then tap on the first test-value cell and use the handles to expand the selection. (undo is your friend)

- Tap on condition to select it.

- Choose the less-than-or equal-to condition from the keypad to the left of the number pad. You'll find the extra symbols by tapping on bar below the pad.

- Now tap funcion, navigate to the DATE function and select it.

- Tap each of the new variables in the DATE function and either type in the values or select the cell that holds them.

- Tap the sum-values and tap the first cell then drag the handles to select the cell range. (again, undo is your friend).

Attachments

• KeynoteSUMIF.jpg
    KeynoteSUMIF.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 664
OP
G

gerherz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, before I did exactly as you described but I get a syntax error. Even without the DATE function and just entering a date (not in string format), I get the same sytax error. The only way I can make it work is with a string as a condition.

Is what you posted working for you?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, like I said, I did not set up enough of a spreadsheet to test how the formula works, but I can enter it without a syntax error.

When you created the fornula did you use >= as you typed it, or the actual condition, which is the the > with a bar under it?

Most reactions

Latest posts