What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conceal Icons - Privacy

Eldritcher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I can find no app which conceals icons. There are any number which will conceal files, (audio, visual, text files), within themselves. But if you have say, a favourite video app, it is un-concealable. You can put it into a folder amongst lots of other apps, and hope that no-one notices it. I would like to see an app which conceals other top-level apps inside itself.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
An app within an app. Somehow, I don't think that is within the model of how iOS works.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't recommend it, since it involves a bug in iOS 6, and you don't know what an update will do to hidden apps later, but here it is. You should still be able to use the app via Siri or the Search page, and delete it through the Usage settings.

How To Make Your Apps Invisible Without A Jailbreak - All App News

In case it was not clear, I've not done this myself, so it's at your own risk.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't recommend it, since it involves a bug in iOS 6, and you don't know what an update will do to hidden apps later, but here it is. You should still be able to use the app via Siri or the Search page, and delete it through the Usage settings.

How To Make Your Apps Invisible Without A Jailbreak - All App News

In case it was not clear, I've not done this myself, so it's at your own risk.

I think that, since this type of tutorial was created to hide apps, readers should be made aware of the last line in the linked tutorial:

To completely reverse this process, reboot your device and all of the apps will return to your home screen.

So, all anyone has to do is to reboot the phone and all apps are made visible again.

Most reactions

Latest posts