What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conacts showing up with old numbers/info.

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 3 and iphone 5 both with contacts synced to icloud. For some reason old numbers and info. that I long ago deleted or changed keep showing up on certain contacts. It is getting the info. from somewhere I just dont know where. Checking on iCloud.com that numbers are correct, but when I turn contacts off in iCloud, forget them and then turn them back on, the contacts fill up with this old info. The only other account is gmail, and I only have "Mail" on there. Could anyone tell me where to go so I can clear this info once and for all?

Just to clarify, the issue is not autofill or "recent" numbers showing up when I go to text or email. It is that the contacts themselves insist on remaining unchanged.

Last edited:
OP
S

sw339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update, I caved and deleted everything from both devices and iCloud then re-entered the info again. A boring task with over 100 contacts but it seems to have fixed so the issue is resolved. Not sure where they were ghosting from, who knows?

Most reactions

Latest posts