What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Con -Trick App

Status
Not open for further replies.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I will say that it sounds like they could step up their support procedures a bit. But, Hold in mind that most app companies are only one or a few people. They don't have the resources to man 24 hr phone lines like large companies.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I can shed some light on the confusion. I just did a search for GoodReader in the App Store. If you look at my screenshot, you can see two apps with a similar icon. On the left, the actual GoodReader app (which is the paid one, I already own it), and the second app on the right called GoodReader for Good which is listed for Free. The similar icons, etc. may have caused some confusion as to which app was which.

That being said, I do not believe there is a scam happening here, just an awful lot of confusion. The dev needs to make the apps a little bit more distinctive to minimize confusion.

Attachments

• image-968260538.jpg
    image-968260538.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 204

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread has been answered both by our team and resident support staff if you wish to continue please take it up with Apple support and the developer.

There is no scam however errors can occur when one downloads an app that they do not want or does not work as stated. Apple will refund the purchase through iTunes support it is that simple.

OP
A

anonbeep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weymouth Dorset England where the Sailing Olympics
Your last words, it's done. Agreed but I have still written to them. I have a prob because I cannot find the page where I got it from but I learned a good lesson, photo the page b4 u dwnld. Also as I recall it said something about being a lesser version which cld b updated, so I am sure of what I did and somebody else somewhere must hav seen it as well cos I only followed it up cos I read it was free. The fact is I don't hav it cos it didn't dwnld. It may well turn out to be a good app and we'll worth havin if I ever get it. But it is not the only app like that, hav a look at the Bt app, clearly says dwnld free, it's not free, as soon as u tap free a box of prices and "IFS" come up. But at least with that one it is clear that u wil b charged for it. I'm not that bothered, it's less than a pint of beer here. Thanks you, beeps

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just so our viewing public clearly understand there was NO CON TRICK by Apple or the the official developer of Goodreader regarding this problem.. Goodreader is a trusted App and one of the most popular products available from the App Store With that this thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts