What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computor blue screening

cindyc244

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can anyone help. When I plug my iPhone and now my iPad into the USB on my laptop, if there are photos on them, it makes the computer blue screen and re boot. It doesn't happen if there are no photos on them. I have un installed and re installed I tunes numerous times but didn't help.

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried both ways i.e. with the iphone/ipad connected before you boot up the Pc, and after the Pc has booted up? If so does the blue screen appear both times?

OP
C

cindyc244

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I tried both ways, with both the iPhone and ipad2, it happens as it recognizes them and bam! Blue screen reboot, but as I said only when theres photos on them. My lap top is about four years old, Acer. Plugging other devises for example camera, external hard drive doesn't do it. It's odd

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May not be because of the photo's, I reckon it's purely because it's a hard drive that it's having trouble with recognizing the ipad/iphones. Try and go to Acers website and see if there's any drivers you can update especially a chipset driver. Just download and then run like any other program.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Chances are your computer is trying to launch a program when it detects what it thinks is a camera being connected, and that program is corrupted.

I'm not familiar enough with Windows to tell you where to look off the top of my head (and my netbook is buried under layers of stuff at the moment), but find the setting where it says what it will do when a camera is connected, and tell it to do nothing, or at least some other program than it is currently trying to launch.

Most reactions

Latest posts