What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Completely unacceptable ipad2, complete unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipad007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well its back. what a piece of garbage. faster my &$% apple.

for $600 i get this BS?

YouTube - MVI 4028

well, duh, for starters, look at how many damn tabs u have open. no reason to have like 12 different tabs open loaded up. no wonder u getting those results. SMDH of course you going to run low on memory then having that many tabs open.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well its back. what a piece of garbage. faster my &$% apple.

for $600 i get this BS?

YouTube - MVI 4028

well, duh, for starters, look at how many damn tabs u have open. no reason to have like 12 different tabs open loaded up. no wonder u getting those results. SMDH of course you going to run low on memory then having that many tabs open.

That is probably why its as severe as he is showing in the video. You would think though that Apple would unload the oldest tab from memory in order to have the current one fully render without checkerboarding. Seems like they could easily tweak the memory management with regards to the browser in a later update.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
sure, the amount of memory in the ipad does not help, but you also have to take into account

the internet speed and bandwidth available - how fast is the internet connection and how much of that bandwidth is available
how busy the website you are looking at is

for example

loading a page with just 1 image is going to be much faster than loading a webpage with 100 images
a dialup connection is going to be far slower than a broadband connection
a website serving 1 connection is going to be quicker than a website serving 100 connections

Ipad007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
true, but as far as the op goes, his playbook is a FAIL. crashed in less thn 3 hrs. probaly from having 20 diff. tabs open at once..lol who surfs da web like that anyways? mayb 4-5 open at once tops. wastes too much time loading up all those tabs then surfin da web. you cant look at them all at once. as far as ram goes, there will never be enough. ipad2 could have 2 GB worth of ram n people still gonna complain theres not enough ram. smh i still have my ipad1 n very satisfied with the overall experience. i think op purposely pushing ipad2 to the limits just to say how playbook is better. plus 7 in. screen sux. doesnt even display whole web pages properly compared to ipad screen size.

Nordy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
This is what drives me nuts on the ipad 2 and to be its completely unacceptable. I thought this thing was suppose to be 2x faster with 9x faster graphics? Sounds like rubbish to me apple. Ive tried this on 3 ipads and all are the same and its not my internet connection cause this happens on all 4 wifi networks ivve been on thus far. so im guessing its normal.

As you can see in the video, the webpage is completely loaded, fast scrolling or slow scrolling it doesnt matter. Doesnt matter what site, it happens on all, all the time. For a $700 device, you would think it wouldnt do this. I mean do our computers do it? Maybe ones from 1992 running Pentium 2 CPUs.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o3LbZnaMeU

greetings, Nordy. (iPad 2 64GB 3G | iOS 4.3.1)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like a failed troll attempt.

64GB 3G White iPad

I dont know why you would call this a troll attempt when multiple people are saying the same thing, and he even posted a video of the issue.

I see more fanboyism than trolling in this thread. With the moderators even stepping into it a bit. I would think they would try to be a bit more uhhh... moderate.

I love my iPad 2, but this is definitely on my list of complaints with the device.

"uhhh"........because we are moderators we can't have or post an opinion?

Wrong.;)

Last edited:

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are 2 issues that came to my mind as the cause of this. I may not be right. The first, the network. I experienced something similar when trying to bring up more tweets on my timeline in iPad Twitter Apps. But as soon as the network is fine, the whole screen moves without freezing. The second issue, of course, is the application. In the case of the application, please try the popular solution already suggested by experts in this forum. Try to restart your ipad 2 again. By the way, I forget another option - return to Apple. That toy costs a fortune and should work just fine.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why should apple take any notice of the stupidity of users?

If he wants to have a silly number of tabs open so be it.
If he wants to dice carrots with it should apple have provided sharper edges?

It's just a gadget built to limitations of function and price.
You get what you pay for.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest we start a poll. How many tabs can we open without the pages loading slower......

I also would like to have the mods not to give their opinion anymore, because that is not their job.

Last but not least. I hate this Ipad, due to my provider my 3G drops the connection from time to time.

This post is one of the best I have seen all around. We face a problem and we immediately blame the producer. If only they did this or they should have done that. Well, they didn't. Next time get a Galaxy.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score

enough about the tabs already geez, 9 tabs is nothing. just admit 512mb ram in a modern day device is pathetic. i use 15+ tabs on my macbookpro. does my notebook ever do this? uhhh no cause i have 8gb ram in that sucker.

and have fun surfing the web with 2 tabs, ya thats real fun.:rolleyes:

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
enough about the tabs already geez, 9 tabs is nothing. just admit 512mb ram in a modern day device is pathetic. i use 15+ tabs on my macbookpro. does my notebook ever do this? uhhh no cause i have 8gb ram in that sucker.

It's obvious from your posts that you're either not happy with what Apple is offering or you're a troll. If it's the former case, feel free to use whatever you *do* like. If it's the latter, why?

What do you gain from griping and moaning when you've already made your mind up that the way you do things is THE right way and anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong. Apple's entry into the tablet market doesn't meet your needs. No problem. There appear to be a lot of people who do things differently than you, though, and implying that these people are less ______ (fill in the blank) than you because it does meet their needs isn't particularly productive.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score

THANKS A LOT tapmyapple! I watched your video and launched your subject website and now I realized that I am having the exact same "problem" as you have identified. I have had my iPad since June 2010. Whenever I go on Safari, I have always had the kind of lag times you identified, videoed, and exampled.

So I appreciate your contribution to my lack of understanding that I had a problem. I just figured this was 'normal'. When I consider how much and how often I use my iPad, problems like screen loads in Safari or the seconds wait time for some of my heavy duty apps take to open--seem minor.

I consider my iPad to be a very finite and limited device. That was my attitude when I purchased it: small amount of RAM, small storage space, etc., etc. I haven't expected much from this iPad that I knew my heavy duty laptop couldn't do better and faster.

BUT, what do I take when I leave my desk? My iPad. If I want to answer personal email on my breaks, I do it from my iPad. If I want to read a book, see a movie, take notes at meetings, I do it all from my iPad. To me it is a matter of choice and living within the parameters of the device I employ.

I do appreciate your contribution to this forum. I am REALLY glad you have stuck around to continue to discuss the matter despite all the barbs and darts thrown at you.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
THANKS A LOT tapmyapple! I watched your video and launched your subject website and now I realized that I am having the exact same "problem" as you have identified. I have had my iPad since June 2010. Whenever I go on Safari, I have always had the kind of lag times you.........

Tap is talking about the ipad2, not the ipad1 which this is a common problem on.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
THANKS A LOT tapmyapple! I watched your video and launched your subject website and now I realized that I am having the exact same "problem" as you have identified. I have had my iPad since June 2010. Whenever I go on Safari, I have always had the kind of lag times you.........

Tap is talking about the ipad2, not the ipad1 which this is a common problem on.

Yes, he is talking about iPad2, but what I was implying is that it has always been this way since the original iPad was introduced. And by-the-way, my spouse's iPad2 is also displaying the same behavior as posted by tapmyapple. I am asserting that my iPad and the iPad2 do exactly the same thing. But up until tapmyapple's posting did me and my spouse realize this was a problem.

Last edited:

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
My iPad original had no issues with scrolling through the web site. I have seen that issue more with iPadForums taking a long time scrolling than with that site. Sometimes the problem is with the servers between the user and the site.

Over in the EU and tested both I discovered that our iPad 1 and iPhone 3GS started to lose connectivity as soon as we got the iPad 2, incase this says anything

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions