What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaints on ios6

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What a total shambles this update to IOS 6 is. I have joined this forum just to let Apple know what I think. I can't update, presumably because the servers are too busy (I don't even know if that's true). There is no advice from Apple as to when the update will be available. Many people seem to be very unhappy with this IOS 6. Is this really the best Apple can do? If it is then, goodbye Apple.

No one from Apple will see this.

Post feedback on their website or send them an email...

kaiser08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am finding that the Maps App has been getting better over the past few days. No longer does it route me on and off the expressway like it did on Saturday, and today some really out of the way roads in Ontario Canada have started to appear. So maybe they are right, the more people who use it, the better it will get.

t84a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Way to go apple. I now have the equivalent of the first gen iPad in my new gen 3. Yay. Next phone? Android

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
t84a said:
Way to go apple. I now have the equivalent of the first gen iPad in my new gen 3. Yay. Next phone? Android

Do you have an iPad1? If you did you would know that the iPad1 has the original Map App, YouTube and functions flawlessly! So don't be putting down my iPad you iPad3 fanboy. LOL!!

stjohnm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had far fewer issues upgrading to iOS6 from iOS5 than I had upgrading my older devices from 4 to 5, after that upgrade my old iPad was laggy & kept crashing, at least this time around all my hardware still works as well as it did before. I have a few issues with some software bugs but they are minor.

Sent from my iPad (2012 64g) using iPF

t84a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have an iPad1? If you did you would know that the iPad1 has the original Map App, YouTube and functions flawlessly! So don't be putting down my iPad you iPad3 fanboy. LOL!!

I have both and right now (well, I gave the 1 to my son), you really can't tell the difference, performance wise.

seebush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply KevinJS, but how can I tell if the the problem is mine? Is there some way to find out where the problem lies? If you can't download. You can't download. All I get is, "this download is corrupted". What can I deduce from that? I've tried all the usual stuff like disabling anti-virus and starting I-tunes as administrator, etc. What I'm saying is, it shouldn't be like this. Apple should be able to do better. If you know of any fix, I'd be pleased to hear it. Thanks.

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Again one of the reasons why I usually don't jump into any kind of updates until the bugs have been worked out.

t84a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I click on a link in Safari and the URL correctly displays in the address bar but the thing thinks for a while and then stops but stays on the same page. Yay apple!

dadnmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gotta feel for all you iOS 6ers, I'm on iPad 1, & was feeling a lil left out with the update, but am now thanking my lucky stars, as all google content still exists along with the you tube app, & no podcast probs...I feel or yawl...good luck...oh & you will all overcome...be strong lol

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I downloaded ios6 easily on both phone and pad, and have had no trouble since. If I were having problems I would pop into the apple store and get help from them. Hope you all get your problems sorted out.
Bobbi

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I updated my iPad yesterday, and I'm well pleased with the outcome. My iPhone is on charge right now and will be updated soon as I can be bothered.

Mail signatures are handy. Now I have a different one for each account, as is the VIP addition to Mail. I'll certainly be using that. YouTube has been replaced with Jasmine. I would have paid for Jasmine. It's a great looking app as well as the fact that it works well. Safari downloads are way faster than they used to be. iOS 6 is definitely the way to go, IMO.

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kevin, I am loving the email signatures as well. So nice to have one for my personal account and a different one for each of my business related accounts.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
susanlackey said:
Kevin, I am loving the email signatures as well. So nice to have one for my personal account and a different one for each of my business related accounts.

“I worship individuals for their highest possibilities as individuals, and I loathe humanity, for its failure to live up to these possibilities.”
—Ayn Rand

This is my email signature for my private accounts. Now my business email has a different one. I often had to delete it before I could send. While I was copying that sig, I noticed that we now have Bold/Italic/Underline too, as well as attachment options for images, so now you can attach an image to an email you intend to forward. That's a great step forward.

Most reactions