What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaints on ios6

D

Deleted member 247820

iPad 2 needs a decent USB port.

Not a pretend one.

Does iPad 3 have an improved USB experience?

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Scifan…

I'm referring to the plug in one part to the camera kit
If the iPad had even one USB it would be the best personal device.
A go anywhere device.
Without a decent USB it is just another good try but no cigar.

It will be interesting to see how the Microsoft "Surface" measures up.
Coming in so late one would imagine it as a game changer.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Scifan…

A go anywhere device.

Apple's philosophy extends to storage in the cloud, and away from carrying storage like USB. I've personally embraced it and have had very little use for USB storage in the last two years. I used to carry one in my pocket and use it virtually every day. I don't miss it.

Coming in so late the Surface has better be twice the value of the iPad or its likely to just fizzle out and die. Momentum is huge in this business, and right now Apple has all the momentum.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi The W

Won't have to wait long to find out.
I think it debuts the same day as W8. (This month).
I believe it will be heaps cheaper than the iPad.
Who knows what it will or won't do?
I think it will have a real OS!
And yes I still like my iPad, but I don't think it is the greatest since sliced bread.

Last edited by a moderator:

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not everybody has reported slowdowns, some even say their devices are faster with iOS 6.
So what that means "Not everybody has reported slowdowns" ?. A lot of us DO report slowdowns. From your statement looks like we do not count end there is no problem because "Not everybody has reported slowdowns". iOS6 sucks and there is no getting around it.

Moderator notice: please be respectful.

Last edited by a moderator:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everybody---now how this became a discussion of comparison between android and iOS platforms, I am not sure. However, lets stay on topic.

Also, please refrain from rude comments as it will be edited out. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but the delivery and content of the post must be in line and respectful to others.

If not, this thread will close.

Thank you. Ski...iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After reading this whole thread I'm still undecided whether to upgrade now or wait. I've always, since Ipad 1, upgraded and felt it was totally worth each upgrade. However, this one leaves me less inclined to do it now. I do use Google maps but upgraded my husband's 4S and tried Maps there--it seems fine, plus I have a GPS app (which I use much less than Google maps--generally as the passenger rather than the driver to be honest but we use a lot of back roads and I can always get us there LOL--and I like using maps). I think Maps would work for here to there directions for me driving but as it is, its also fine.

I'm also concerned about wifi issues. I already have issues occasionally and have to reboot my older router at least weekly to get one of our Apple devices to work (2 Ipad 1s, Ipad 3, older Touch, Iphone 4s). Apple TV always seems to work nicely with the router and I'm not anxious to buy new for awhile. This may be my bigger concern--and some saying its generally less snappy.

So--all in all, wondering what I'll gain from it. I do everything on mine, many apps that I use in combo, Dropbox, etc. and honestly don't want to screw things up LOL. I added storage to my Icloud too to be sure, checked all my synced apps with Dropbox but..... I'm hesitating and probably will just hold off for 6.1. I see my husband not really using Siri that much, doubt I would, and not sure what else I'll gain.

Not angry at Apple--I understand why they made the change with Maps and Youttube but for me--I think I'll just hang with current IOS for a bit.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After reading this whole thread I'm still undecided whether to upgrade now or wait. I've always, since Ipad 1, upgraded and felt it was totally worth each upgrade. However, this one leaves me less inclined to do it now. I do use Google maps but upgraded my husband's 4S and tried Maps there--it seems fine, plus I have a GPS app (which I use much less than Google maps--generally as the passenger rather than the driver to be honest but we use a lot of back roads and I can always get us there LOL--and I like using maps). I think Maps would work for here to there directions for me driving but as it is, its also fine.

I'm also concerned about wifi issues. I already have issues occasionally and have to reboot my older router at least weekly to get one of our Apple devices to work (2 Ipad 1s, Ipad 3, older Touch, Iphone 4s). Apple TV always seems to work nicely with the router and I'm not anxious to buy new for awhile. This may be my bigger concern--and some saying its generally less snappy.

So--all in all, wondering what I'll gain from it. I do everything on mine, many apps that I use in combo, Dropbox, etc. and honestly don't want to screw things up LOL. I added storage to my Icloud too to be sure, checked all my synced apps with Dropbox but..... I'm hesitating and probably will just hold off for 6.1. I see my husband not really using Siri that much, doubt I would, and not sure what else I'll gain.

Not angry at Apple--I understand why they made the change with Maps and Youttube but for me--I think I'll just hang with current IOS for a bit.

I did the update as soon as it came out. Everything that worked before works now, but there are several new features. The do not disturb is big for me. No calls or text messages from unknown parties. That was a major feature missing from iOS that was available via an app on android.

I suggest you find website that lists the additional features in iOS 6 to help you make your decision. Not all people have having wifi issues, either. To me staying with older OSes on the latest hardware it just not something I'm willing to do. Older hardware, yes. I want the best OS on my late-model hardware. And for the life of me, I don't see the big deal with the loss of the pervious maps app....it was not nearly as useful as the version on android.....frankly, I have a hard time believing that many people were using it that much. Certainly didn't work for nav. And you can still get street view via the web. YouTube is replaced, so that is not an issue.

I use my wifi on several different routers, too, and it works on all of them.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Scifan…

A go anywhere device.

Plugging in is so 2000ish. All things have gone wireless and to the cloud. I use to take a portable USB hard drive with me every where I went, now they are collecting dust and will eventually be used for backups of my many laptops. USBs can get lost and the data on them can pose a security risk.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the update as soon as it came out. Everything that worked before works now, but there are several new features. The do not disturb is big for me. No calls or text messages from unknown parties. That was a major feature missing from iOS that was available via an app on android.

I suggest you find website that lists the additional features in iOS 6 to help you make your decision. Not all people have having wifi issues, either. To me staying with older OSes on the latest hardware it just not something I'm willing to do. Older hardware, yes. I want the best OS on my late-model hardware. And for the life of me, I don't see the big deal with the loss of the pervious maps app....it was not nearly as useful as the version on android.....frankly, I have a hard time believing that many people were using it that much. Certainly didn't work for nav. And you can still get street view via the web. YouTube is replaced, so that is not an issue.

I use my wifi on several different routers, too, and it works on all of them.

I read (can't remember where) that about 10 percent of users who'd upgraded were really ticked off by Apple maps. That sounded reasonable.

What you typically see are complaints, because people who are inconvenienced generally are vocal. This forum gets only a small, small fraction of iDevice users worldwide, but if people have a complaint or prob, they'll come to forums like these. Most people who are generally fine with any upgrade won't be posting, and most users will not ever post to any forum anyway.

10 percent can be a big or small figure, depending on perspective. I know that if I offered a service, I wouldn't want to tick off 10 percent, especially since previous iOS upgrades had consistently left users more satisfied, not less.

By the way, I checked and there were reportedly at least 100 million upgrades in the first week of iOS 6, so 10 percent still would amount to a good number of users.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read (can't remember where) that about 10 percent of users who'd upgraded were really ticked off by Apple maps. That sounded reasonable.

What you typically see are complaints, because people who are inconvenienced generally are vocal. This forum gets only a small, small fraction of iDevice users worldwide, but if people have a complaint or prob, they'll come to forums like these. Most people who are generally fine with any upgrade won't be posting, and most users will not ever post to any forum anyway.

10 percent can be a big or small figure, depending on perspective. I know that if I offered a service, I wouldn't want to tick off 10 percent, especially since previous iOS upgrades had consistently left users more satisfied, not less.

That 10 percent comment makes sense. And I think too that this could have been handled much better. For example, apple could have just left maps as it was and offered its version as an extra app - that is in beta - for people to use if they want. It could have been a AppStore download rather than a burnt in app. Same with YouTube. Had they done just these two things, the complaints would be a lot less. I think Tim should have pulled the plug on maps. Why release an unfinished app on people? I would not have done that if I were a new CEO.

So, iOS 6 is taking a bit hit because of some poor decisions.

And some folks ought to check out some android forums for some perspective. I recently read one poster who claimed the upgrade to jelly bean went well on this transformer TF700 (one of two 1920 by 1080 android tabs on the market). But there is a long thread of users claiming the update didn't work for them. And JB is widely considered to be the best version of android available (which is certainly true in my experience).

Most reactions

Latest posts