Complaints on ios6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by andyj1225, Sep 21, 2012.

1. andyj1225

andyj1225 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Learnt a lesson from upgrade from 5 to 6. Must be very careful to click upgrade in the future. YouTube app gone, Google map gone. The new map is really suck.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bluray

Bluray iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi and welcome to iPF Andy. Millions around the world have complained about iOS 6 after updating. I'm pretty sure Apple got the message by now and are working on the necessary fix to please everyone. As for the YouTube app, you can download the iPhone version from the AppStore as Google are currently working on the iPad version.
  3. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,436 / 1
    I'm sure we won't have long to wait until an improved iOS 6.1 is released.
  4. GoPackGo

GoPackGo iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    I haven't tried the maps app yet but I'm sure it won't be long at all before they fix that (and other bugs).
  5. MikeV99

MikeV99 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The App Store is too verbose when searching. I want the option to view small thumbnails again. Trying to scan through several apps looking for what is needed has been made too cluttered for me.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF
  6. hpulmer

hpulmer iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    To be honest, I do not have complaints on IOS6.

True, it always takes time to get used to new things, but being open-minded forbtrying out new stuff, finding improvements instead of looking for the worse things...
    Everyone who upgraded knew that there were things which might not please everybody, so stop complaining! You who complain should have waited for the critics to pop up before updating!

When you bought your first iPhone/iPad you also had to get used to it...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠
    • Like Like x 1
  7. susanlackey

susanlackey iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I guess it all depends on your perspective and what you use your iPad for. My iPad is wifi only. I never once have even opened the maps app. I use my phone for that. I am also not a huge user of YouTube. I watch the occasional videos, but it is certainly not a deal breaker for me. And I understand their contract with Google being up, that is just business. To me, the updates I did get were 100% worth it. Especially Siri. My life is on my iPad. It is awesome to be able to just ask Siri to add a reminder, an appointment, send a text, etc. without my having to type all of that in. And thus far, she has yet to not understand a single one of my requests.
  8. TWR

TWR iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not a fan, so far, of the separation of podcasts from the music App. I had a playlist of podcasts, which I loved using while on the go. So far, I can see no way of creating a playlist of podcasts in IOS6. Does anyone have a solution, please?

I agree that the large icons in the App store are cumbersome, especially on 3Gs ( yes, I know this is the iPad forum, but I decided to try the change on 3Gs and will only update on iPad 2 if I end up liking the "improvements". Originally, I planned to use my iPad 1 as the guinea pig, only to find IOS6 is not for the original iPad. I originally wasn't happy about that, since it seems too soon to drop support - heck it still has Apple care until end March 2013 - but maybe it is a good thing after all. Anyway, back to the App Store. Is there a way to change to small icons?
  9. TWR

TWR iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found a work around for podcasts losing their playlist function. Delete the podcast App and restart your device. Podcasts are back in the music App and they once more work in playlists.

Now, is there a way to go back to thumb nail icons in the App store. Back to looking for solutions ....,
  10. TWR

TWR iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Edit: podcast solution doesn't fully work - as you can't download new episodes from your device without using the podcast app, but if you have the podcast app you can't have playlists. Seems you have to make a choice. Looks like I'm still searching for a proper solution. Any tips appreciated.
  11. lil m

lil m iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would have been great if it hadn't lost a bunch of my photos during the upgrade'!!!!
  12. dianekoupepidou

dianekoupepidou iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there anyway of going back to the old version? My email wont work now that I have upgraded and this is the main reason I have an ipad. I even tried deleting the mail account and setting up again but it just says mail server not responding. Have been working for hours trying to resolve it.
  13. s2mikey

s2mikey iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    I agree. Everyone has different uses and expectations. I'm also a wifi only user so maps are irrelevant to me. Got a nice GPS for that. I'm a little more torked about the YouTube thing but google will release the iPad app soon enough so no worries there. I can understand why some people miss certain apps and stuff. Apple knows what to do though, they'll tweak things here and there as feedback comes in. By the end of the month there may even be an OS6.1 :)
  14. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    I am a heavy map user, and have not seen issues with the map program. But then again, a dedicated map user should not rely on just one program. No map program, especially Google maps, is without flaws.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,436 / 1
    I’m sorry, but the signing window for iOS 5.1.1 closed yesterday. There is currently no way of downgrading back to iOS 5.1.1.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    I use lots of maps, and find flaws in all of them, but they're not as terrible as Apple maps.

I'll be avoiding Apple maps until they're at least on par with others. Until they can do as well, I see no reason to switch.
  17. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    For me, Apple ruined several music and podcast functions with iOS 5, so I resorted to alternatives. For podcasts, I bought the Downcast app, which I recommend.

Bummer that Apple breaks things as it tries to improve, forcing users to buy apps to replace what were existing features, but there it is.
  18. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Moving to iOS 6 forum.
  19. susanlackey

susanlackey iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    It kind of reminds me of when Facebook makes changes and for the next week or so you see nothing but people complaining. Honestly, there is no way they can please everyone. It is inevitable there will be people who love it, people who hate it, people who love only a few things, people who hate only a few things, etc. I'm sure it wasn't Apple's intentions to piss people off. Again, it is impossible to please everyone.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    It's true you can't please everyone. But there's a diff between can't please everyone and what's going with maps. They broke a key feature for many people on what are supposed to be mobile devices.

Diehard Apple fans will defend Apple no matter what and cut them all sorts of slack. There are plenty other users who buy for need, not because they have unending loyalty to Apple.
    • Like Like x 1