What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compatability issues

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To make a long story short, things did not go well and I had to wipe the iPad and reinstall everything. Not a problem, I was prepared. My iPad was running iOS 4.2.1 and jailbroken with Greenpoison.

I did what I had to do and reinstalled my music and applications, and iOS 4.2.1.

When I tried to install Pages, I was told via popup that "this program is incompatible with your version . . . please update your software." Or some such verbiage. I assume they meant upgrade to version 4.3.3.

So I updated to 4.3.3 and Pages installed just fine. I then jail-broke the little fella, and everything is hunky-dory.

Has anyone else here experienced issues with iOS versions and older versions of Apple software? When you use Apple's "Purchased" feature, I will assume that Apple sends you the latest versions of the applications. In my case, it was Pages.

Discuss, point me to a source, tell me I am missing something obvious, yell at me . . .Bob wants to know.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - I have had exactly this problem. As Grayson correctly points out, if you go to the App Store you'll see that, under Pages, the latest update (released just a few days ago) requires iOS 4.2.8 at least (didn't even know there was a 4.2.8!). I had (and still have) iOS 4.2.1 and so I cannot install the latest update.

Tim

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good information so thanks. I'm still waiting for my pad to arrive so I suspect the iOS will be 4.3.3 or there abouts. Still, I've learned the hard way with iOS 4.0 that updates can be downgrades so whatever it comes with is where it will stay... or at least until the ipad gods have spoken.

Most reactions