What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commodore 64 memories? And whats the best SID music maker software for the 64?

Reaction score
My dad had a c64, so I got one, I remember playing his 64 before he threw it out and then I got one :3

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still have the book about making SID music. Wasn't the guy named Christianson who made one of the first SID players? I may even have some of the Load Star disks in the shed. In the shed there is also the Commodore 128D and a SX-64. If it wasn't so expensive to send, I'd put them on eBay.
My fondest memory was trying to decide to learn Assembly Language or not. I knew BASIC quite well. I read an article about Assembly Language and it didn't look too difficult. I wrote a little program in BASIC that checked the time, cleared the screen and filled the screen with the letter A? Then it checked the time again. Then it ran an assembly language program that again cleared the screen and filled it with the letter A. The Basic portion took 271 jiffies. A jiffy is 1/60 of a second. The assembly language portion took 1 jiffy. I was amazed that the time difference was so great. I set about to learn assembly language on the C=64. The books were expensive but well worth it.

OP
nathan the ipad lover
Reaction score
Fid said:
I still have the book about making SID music. Wasn't the guy named Christianson who made one of the first SID players? I may even have some of the Load Star disks in the shed. In the shed there is also the Commodore 128D and a SX-64. If it wasn't so expensive to send, I'd put them on eBay.
My fondest memory was trying to decide to learn Assembly Language or not. I knew BASIC quite well. I read an article about Assembly Language and it didn't look too difficult. I wrote a little program in BASIC that checked the time, cleared the screen and filled the screen with the letter A? Then it checked the time again. Then it ran an assembly language program that again cleared the screen and filled it with the letter A. The Basic portion took 271 jiffies. A jiffy is 1/60 of a second. The assembly language portion took 1 jiffy. I was amazed that the time difference was so great. I set about to learn assembly language on the C=64. The books were expensive but well worth it.

I need an SX64 for my collection, and I also need a new 128D

Most reactions

Latest posts