What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comixology App

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK! I confess. I'm an old comic book geek. And while it's been along time since I officially collected comics, I couldn't resist getting the Comixology app. Of course, they want you to register with a User name and a password...which all fine and good. But my question is do they want you to sign in with your Apple ID and password or create a new one? Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Appsempire said:
OK! I confess. I'm an old comic book geek. And while it's been along time since I officially collected comics, I couldn't resist getting the Comixology app. Of course, they want you to register with a User name and a password...which all fine and good. But my question is do they want you to sign in with your Apple ID and password or create a new one? Thanks for your help.

Comixology is independent of Apple. They don't have your Apple ID. So you will have to create a new account with them, but of course no one hinders you of using the same email address for the comixology app.

As a rule of thumb, whenever an app asks you for an account, they don't mean your Apple ID. Only apple will ask for that.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Comixology is independent of Apple. They don't have your Apple ID. So you will have to create a new account with them, but of course no one hinders you of using the same email address for the comixology app.

As a rule of thumb, whenever an app asks you for an account, they don't mean your Apple ID. Only apple will ask for that.

Thanks.

comiXology

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But my question is do they want you to sign in with your Apple ID and password or create a new one? Thanks for your help.

Just a heads up that by having a comiXology account, your purchases (at least all but Marvel) will also be available to read online at comics.comixology.com on your Flash-enabled computer and on the Comics app on Android, too!

Most reactions

Latest posts