What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coming soon....

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great stuff!! Still looking at next week for mine at the moment.

I'm actually feeling bad to have gotten mine before you...
I don't draw so I really don't need the pencil. I tried an old stylus I had and it works perfectly to take a simple note.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm actually feeling bad to have gotten mine before you...
I don't draw so I really don't need the pencil. I tried an old stylus I had and it works perfectly to take a simple note.

Forget drawing. I don’t draw but I have to charge my pencil every other day because I use it for simple notes and a ton of app choosing and scrolling. I use it on the screen more than I use my finger. It’s great for zipping around the web and for tapping on tiny links and boxes when some of us with fat fingers kind of struggle the tip on the pencil hits the mark 100% of the time!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Forget drawing. I don’t draw but I have to charge my pencil every other day because I use it for simple notes and a ton of app choosing and scrolling. I use it on the screen more than I use my finger. It’s great for zipping around the web and for tapping on tiny links and boxes when some of us with fat fingers kind of struggle the tip on the pencil hits the mark 100% of the time!
I'm glad you said that because mine has been sitting unused after the initial first play with it.
I'll try to make use of it now.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A long time (17 yrs, met on macro photo forum and have found many things besides photography to discuss over the years) "photo" friend in Penang, Malayasia was in Hong Kong (where he used to live) last week and tried to buy a 2nd gen 12.9 and then a large city in China mainland and there were none--went back home and on a whim checked wherever he is able to buy Apple products in Penang--and they had one--a 512 GB cellular space gray--so he is the owner of a new Pro--bought the Pencil in HK and is really liking both. He's a long time user of Macbooks and Macs, Ipads--and we discussed the larger 12.9" a number of times and he decided he would compromise mobility for screen size. BUT--he feels its much more mobile for business for him--not carrying a Macbook all over Asia. He's looking for the Logitech keyboard cover but may just stick with his Magic keyboard. Another case of envy LOL.......

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm glad you said that because mine has been sitting unused after the initial first play with it.
I'll try to make use of it now.

Great, now be sure and post back as to how you like it after you use it some. I only put it down to use my Logitech keyboard. I know it’s a tablet but I use it like a laptop with the pencil like a mouse! Hey it is an iPad Pro!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great, now be sure and post back as to how you like it after you use it some. I only put it down to use my Logitech keyboard. I know it’s a tablet but I use it like a laptop with the pencil like a mouse! Hey it is an iPad Pro!
Will do :)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By the way which app do you find best for note taking?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
By the way which app do you find best for note taking?

There are several great ones but i like One Note the best because i can use it on my Android phone and Windows laptop as well as my iPad Pro. I also love the easy mixture of typing and writing as well as being able to make the page very long and very wide as you just keep going down or to the right and you control the size of your canvas/page.

A lot of people love Notability but I’ve never understood why but it is probably worth checking out.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow that is one expensive order. My current computer and my iPad mini 2 don't even come close to costing that much.

OP
JezzerP

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
It's coming early :)
IMG_1688.jpg

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are several great ones but i like One Note the best because i can use it on my Android phone and Windows laptop as well as my iPad Pro. I also love the easy mixture of typing and writing as well as being able to make the page very long and very wide as you just keep going down or to the right and you control the size of your canvas/page.

A lot of people love Notability but I’ve never understood why but it is probably worth checking out.
Thank you....
I'll check out One Note :)

Most reactions

Latest posts