What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coming from Android to Apple what do I need to know?

Reaction score
I give up. I installed DocsToGo on my Droid Incredible and PrintShare Pro, since I already paid for both for the Xoom before I sold it. Now I can open and edit docs on my iPad 2, save them, then open the document on my phone and print it. Kind of a weak solution but if it's what it takes then it's what it takes. If anyone else has any insight on another solution, I'm all ears. For those of you keeping score at home, it's iPad 100 vs. Xoom 1. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

How does the score go if you factor Inc vs iPad vs Xoom? :D

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Were you only picking up your evo for the flash capabilty?

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Do you mean did I buy it for the flash capability? I would be lying if I said that wasn't a factor in my decision in choosing an Android phone over an iPhone, but obviously not the only one by a longshot.

doubledown7d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotta tell you that I'm pretty frustrated. I've spent more than $50 looking for a print solution for my iPad. I've bought and paid for both DocsToGo Premium AND QuickOffice HD as well as PrintShare Pro and PrintMagic HD ALL looking for a simple way to print my Google Docs. Is there no way to do this on an iPad?!?! I've written to the developer at QuickOffice HD when searching for printers, none can be found. I work in an elementary building. There are at least 15 wireless printers available. With the Xoom, I purchased DocsToGo to create and edit my files. Then I purchased PrintShare Pro to print my files. Worked flawlessly and easily. So far this has been the most frustrating thing about owning the iPad. I'm sure it can't be this difficult. Can someone, anyone PLEASE help me with this? Also, how do I go about getting a refund for the unnecessary apps I bought?

Cincy, go to your account in the store and click on purchase history. Find the app you were looking to refund and click the little circle arrow to the left of it. It will bring up another page where you can "report a problem". From there you can request a refund. I got one for Garage Band when I returned my IP2 but was also told in the email they sent me that I wouldn't get another refund, lol. Felt like I was being chastised.

Ironically, I'm considering crawling back to the pad:eek: I'm putting together a home theater and looking at a receiver from Pioneer that has really great Apple functionality, including Air Play, full screen iPad remote and some other things that would allow me to really take control of my media in several rooms without range of sight. I could even stream netflix through it to my TV while controlling it from my iTouch from another room. Too cool.

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. LOL, we'll see.

OP
Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After syncing my iPad with Google Contacts, I noticed that my groups didn't sync. Does anyone know how to make that happen?

OP
Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I bought my wife a 32GB White Wifi iPad 2. I set it up and synced it through iTunes. After I went to the trouble of dropping all of the apps into the correct folders, I decided that I had more room and would sync a few more movies and some more music on it. When it finished syncing, all of the folders that I created were gone and it reinstalled all apps, even the ones that I deleted the first time. She isn't into all the sports stuff that I am. How do I make sure this doesn't happen again?

Reaction score
I set up another windows user on my desktop named Marks ipad. The only things I have on it are access to the files, programs, etc, ie8, iTunes and the usual network and Avast type stuff. I use it only to sync my ipad under my own account and have the owner user set up for my wife's ipad on her account and my kids ipods . There might be other ways but it is the closest thing I could think of to getting a second computer just for iTunes sync.
Fwiw I hate iTunes but it is a necessary evil to get the most from our Ipads

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Jlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I give up. I installed DocsToGo on my Droid Incredible and PrintShare Pro, since I already paid for both for the Xoom before I sold it. Now I can open and edit docs on my iPad 2, save them, then open the document on my phone and print it. Kind of a weak solution but if it's what it takes then it's what it takes. If anyone else has any insight on another solution, I'm all ears. For those of you keeping score at home, it's iPad 100 vs. Xoom 1. :rolleyes:

I used a link, which I found in the airprint discussion on this site.

It is on Jacov website. I can't post the link since I am new to this forum. But you can search for it on this forum or on the web "download AirPrint installer for windows" .

It allows me to print to any wifi printer that is setup in my laptop pc (currently using a lexmark that is a few years old). Without an AirPrint enabled printer, your pc has to be on to print from your iPad. But, I cannot access print preview or any other features of the printer from the iPad. For now, this works and the solution was free!

I love this forum. I have learned so much. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts