What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comcast TV guide won't load

Clamminfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comcast TV guide won't load on iPad Air or iPad Mini or iPhone 5. It does load on Chromebook and Windows 10. any suggestions? Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Comcast TV guide won't load on iPad Air or iPad Mini or iPhone 5. It does load on Chromebook and Windows 10. any suggestions? Thanks.
Unless it's available as an app in the App Store, you won't be able to load it to your iPad or any other iOS device. The iPad and other iOS devices are app-centric, not file-centric, which means that files can only be downloaded to an app that can read them and can't be shared with other apps except in certain limited instances.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What format is the Comcast TV guide in?

Or is it a website, in which case it might be Flash, or Silverlight, or some other proprietary plugging that iOS does not support. If it is Flash, then you could probably use the Puffin Browser app to view it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I see there are several Comcast/Xfifnity apps in the App Store. I suppose one of them might have TV guide-like features.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's a website viewable without problems using Safari, you could create a home screen bookmark that would appear on the home screen just like a regular app icon and opened by tapping on it.

OP
C

Clamminfrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the responses. I gave up on Xfinity and downloaded TV Guides app and appears to work fine. What I don't understand is that the Xfinity listing worked for a while then stopped loading correctly. Oh well, all swell that ends well. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts