What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Combining apps into folders problem

zoron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a recent problem that I'm unable to resolve. I spend time combining new apps into category folders... and the last 3 times I've done this and finished...it removes all the apps I've combined...and all the folders. I have done nothing different from the way I've been combining them previously. Can anyone provide a solution. Yes I reboot...and I'm not out of disk space.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does it do this all by itself, or when you sync?

Have you tried a soft reset? Hold down the power and home button until the Apple logo appears, about 10 to 15 seconds. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

OP
Z

zoron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry I'm new...couldn't find my post. It does it by itself and I've done both soft and hard boots but I'll try a soft reset again now. Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You may have to do a full restore.

If no one comes up with a better fix you might want to try a call to Apple Tech support first. They might have something.

Hope their support lines have cleared up from Friday's madness.

OP
Z

zoron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not doing it now... very strange. I haven't touched it in a few days and i recombined a dozen apps into folders then just shut it down normal...and turned it back on. The last times I did it were after I had combined dozens of apps into folders...not sure that had anything to do with it but it happened twice again after that. Thanks for your help... I'll continue to combine more apps and see if it's still OK. Just couldn't figure why it was doing that.

Most reactions