What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.com Key?

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I just imagined it but I could have sworn the iPad keyboard at one time had a ".com" key.

Was this done away with in an update somewhere or am I just unable to find it again?

Just curious.

dave421

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It only shows up when you're entering web addresses or in a form that is coded so that the iPad recognizes you're probably entering an email address. It isn't there during normal typing.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Similarly when you're in a data entry field properly coded as being for email addresses, the @ character will be displayed on the keyboard

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The two other members who helped you by letting you know about it are right. I may not yet have an iPad but before making a decision to plan to buy an iPad, I wanted to read about it first to see if I want it, and although I do want it, I figure to buy a couple of books on iPad to familiar myself to how it works, it did mention stuff like that as those two suggest, like when you are entering web address, the dot com key turns up, or when you are entering an e-mail address, the @ key turns up, actually there are many other tricks the on screen keyboard can do. You'll be surprised by many other keyboard tricks in addition to the .com key.

Most reactions

Latest posts