What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color of your mini

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see how white can hide fingerprints considering that white shows a lot of dirt and fingerprints on other things.

amylyn1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see how white can hide fingerprints considering that white shows a lot of dirt and fingerprints on other things.

Maybe because it's glass. It is harder to see fingerprints on the white. My first iPad 1 I had to get black & you could definitely see more fingerprints. Same with my first iPhone. After I switched to white I have been a fan. The fingerprints just don't show like they do on the black.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It's true even if you don't see it. White hides finger prints. Black makes them just pop out.

Last edited:

Multiple ipads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually, I buy white idevices, but I bought a black mini! I wanted a black and slate device because they look so rad, but I passed on iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th gen.

akopalasiJoan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the back part of the black is better than those off the white. But I'm using white, I feel like it gives more femininity. I'm using a cover anyway. ☺

Sent from my iPad Mini using iPF

oleyellabuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe because it's glass. It is harder to see fingerprints on the white. My first iPad 1 I had to get black & you could definitely see more fingerprints. Same with my first iPhone. After I switched to white I have been a fan. The fingerprints just don't show like they do on the black.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. That's exactly the reason. White glass is not the same as, say, white fabric simply because dirt and grime don't stain glass and are easily wiped off. Fingerprints, which are just essentially oils without color are virtually unnoticeable on the white iDevices. I stopped buying black devices after the iPhone 4. Black looks slick, but the fingerprints can get nasty.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep. That's exactly the reason. White glass is not the same as, say, white fabric simply because dirt and grime don't stain glass and are easily wiped off. Fingerprints, which are just essentially oils without color are virtually unnoticeable on the white iDevices. I stopped buying black devices after the iPhone 4. Black looks slick, but the fingerprints can get nasty.

You are right about white & black, but there are other reason to consider a black devices. One, and a big one for me, is that a thick white bezel diverts the eye while I black one doesn't. So, for a large screen device with a thick bezel, like the iPad, the black one works much better for me. OTOH, the bezel on my iPhone is much smaller, so there it is not much of an issue...so I got white. Thus, for tablets I will get black but for phones I will get white (or some other color if there is a choice).

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
akopalasiJoan said:
I think the back part of the black is better than those off the white. But I'm using white, I feel like it gives more femininity. I'm using a cover anyway. ☺

Sent from my iPad Mini using iPF

One oft the reasons why I don't have any white Apple products, too girly for me, and I am a "girl" lol. Black is one of my favorite colors.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

runrgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White on my iPhone 4S and iPad 3...black on my mini :)

Sent from my iPad Mini Black 16 gb using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts