What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

College note app?

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Atomic Web browser has a download function and works w/ o jail breaking. I download PDFs and then open them in Goodreader.

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jrs22 said:
The Atomic Web browser has a download function and works w/ o jail breaking. I download PDFs and then open them in Goodreader.

True. However, for some reason, it wouldn't download documents from my school's website. I also tried a few apps from the app store that were supposed to allow downloading of documents from websites and none of them worked either.

For me, the only way to get around many of the limitations I've had to deal with was to jailbreak. It's the best thing I've ever done.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - 64gig iPad2 White WiFi

OP
jessalee

jessalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just figured out a way without jail breaking, it worries me, I use atomic web browser to download the file, then open that file in PDF converter and then send to UPAD works great and it's easy. Thanks everyone!

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I download a web page that's actually a PDF, I have to include the PDF extension as part of the download name. If I forget that step Atomic doesn't recognize the file as a PDF and won't let me open it in Goodreader. Are you doing that and still having a problem?

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jrs22 said:
When I download a web page that's actually a PDF, I have to include the PDF extension as part of the download name. If I forget that step Atomic doesn't recognize the file as a PDF and won't let me open it in Goodreader. Are you doing that and still having a problem?

Yeah, tried that. It's just my school's website. I can even look at my class email or post on message boards on that website. It's ridiculous and my school refuses to enable use of the blackboard mobile app. Frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - 64gig iPad2 White WiFi

Most reactions

Latest posts