What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

College Angel/Blackboard access

iwantanipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I am thinking about getting an ipad, however a lot of my schoolwork is done on an a website called Angel. A similar one is called blackboard, although I have had no experience with it. Its bascially a site where teachers can post notes, grades, assignments, other info, etc. I know I cannot access it on my macbook through safari, and so I assume I wont be able to access it through safari on the ipad. On the Angel website it says the requirements are AJAX, Java, Javascript, and popups. I am not sure what most of that means, but this will probably be a factor whether I get the ipad or not, any/all help is appreciated.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with angel but I can access several blackboards from my iPad.

OP
I

iwantanipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont know much about computers but I think it may have some flash components, but it says on the web site that you don't need flash, its just suggested.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes it's just the way the menus animate. So to see the pretty effects you would need flash but not required. Seems to load ok for me.....

OP
I

iwantanipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
didn't work for me

Sometimes it's just the way the menus animate. So to see the pretty effects you would need flash but not required. Seems to load ok for me.....

I tried to use my friend ipad and I went on the site, its angel for canisius college, and it said that angel is not supported by the browesr, and i used the ipad safari. I tried both pda versions and normal versions however it wouldn't let me even type into the log in box. Any suggestions?

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can access blackboard, but when my teacher uploads files, like a paper to see from the site. It doesn't let me move the page up and down, it cuts the page off.

Otherwise it seems to work fine.

OP
I

iwantanipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Java

I think it has to do with java, since it is a requirement for angel. I dont know if there is a way around it, but I know that I would probably work if you just used some app like remote desktop.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can access blackboard, but when my teacher uploads files, like a paper to see from the site. It doesn't let me move the page up and down, it cuts the page off.

Otherwise it seems to work fine.

Did you try two-finger scrolling? Put two fingers down to scroll in sections that have no scroll bar

mjb389

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this exact issue with my Uni's Blackboard website.

Luckily there is a solution, there is an app called OpenItApp - here is the link bit.ly/n2uTF4 (the forums won't let me post a live link). It works around the issues with iPad and blackboard and extracts the document so you can see the whole thing properly. Then you can open it in other apps.

This app automatically goes to the website for Monash University in Australia but if you enter your website manually it should work.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts