What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collections of books

David49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a fairly large number of ebooks and would like to categorise them by both Author and, where applicable, series. For example Issac Asimov and then the foundation series.

Is it possible to nest collections within the bookshelves?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course.....

In iBooks, press 'Edit', then touch the books you want to move into a single collection.

When you've done that, press 'Move' then 'New' and give the (new) folder a name.

All those books will move into that folder as part of a 'Collection'.

You can move books between folders, too, using the same technique.

Tim

OP
D

David49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim

Thanks for your response. Obviously I didn't make myself clear.

I have a collection titled "books", into which all my new acquisitions are put. I have now made a second collection titled "Issac Asimov" and put all of his books there, giving me two collections. What I would like to do is to create another collection, for arguments sake call it "foundation series" which would be hived off of the Issac Asimov" collection and not be seen if the general collection button is pressed. Re-reading this it still seems vague.

I suppose in computing terms I really want a folder heirachy, but using "collections.

Regards

Most reactions