What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coffee spill

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I spilled coffee on my iPad today but thankfully the Smart Cover was closed and was contained to it. It wiped off nicely. The problem comes with the stink which isn't all bad. I like coffee and the smell. The problem is it is so strong that I am afraid that every time I go to use my mini all I will be able to smell coffee so my question is: is there anyway minimize the smell without making things worse.

I guess there is no sense crying over spilled coffee.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
TheX said:
So I spilled coffee on my iPad today but thankfully the Smart Cover was closed and was contained to it. It wiped off nicely. The problem comes with the stink which isn't all bad. I like coffee and the smell. The problem is it is so strong that I am afraid that every time I go to use my mini all I will be able to smell coffee so my question is: is there anyway minimize the smell without making things worse.

I guess there is no sense crying over spilled coffee.

Easy solution. Get a new smart cover.
Not smelling it anymore erases the memory, and a little cabbage out of pocket for your penance.

I learned this from Sister Mary-Constance so I know what I'm talking about.

;)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's plastic. Just use Simple Green or whatever other kitchen cleaner you may have and wipe it off with a damp rag. No different than your car's dashboard. Not with the cover mounted to the iPad, of course.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
It's plastic. Just use Simple Green or whatever other kitchen cleaner you may have and wipe it off with a damp rag. No different than your car's dashboard. Not with the cover mounted to the iPad, of course.

Unless, of course, the Smart Cover was leather. In that case, the coffee would soak in and the smell couldn't be removed. The OP never said which type of Smart Cover they had.

wrathchild

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speaking of Java, just a quick bit of advice for everyone to go on your computer and disable it.

From the account of Goofy8275, iPadForums user

Why should we disable Java? Can you please be more specific?

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just as a reminder: Java and JavaScript (what our iPads run) are two entirely different things. Really, the only similarity is the name.

The exploit/problem is with Java that hooks into or ties in with a web browser on your computer. The advice there is to disable any Java plug-ins in your browser until this problem is resolved.

Just so's you know.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts