What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codes for Special Characters

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there special codes for characters that can be used in email and Pages? For example, I frequently need to use the section symbol, but I don't know where to find it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disregard my post. I found a list of "alt codes" using Google.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an ugly workaround - I keep a document in My Documents in Pages that contains all the special characters that I want to use and then copy and paste them as necessary.

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I use an ugly workaround - I keep a document in My Documents in Pages that contains all the special characters that I want to use and then copy and paste them as necessary.

Tim

You might want this Tim, Character pad from the app store....Has them all :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

You might want this Tim, Character pad from the app store....Has them all :)

Looks good - still looking for superscript and subscript - both Hayley and I want a keyboard for that. I keep a superscript, subscript and footnote 'template' in my Pages My Documents too.

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Looks good - still looking for superscript and subscript - both Hayley and I want a keyboard for that. I keep a superscript, subscript and footnote 'template' in my Pages My Documents too.

Tim

Just can't see using a keyboard with my iPad, I might as well take my laptop. I'm betting there is an app for super and subscript....Out there, somewhere :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Just can't see using a keyboard with my iPad, I might as well take my laptop. I'm betting there is an app for super and subscript....Out there, somewhere :)

A folding Bluetooth keyboard is so small that you're never tempted not to take it and, if you're a touch typist (mis-spent youth) the on-screen keyboard is hard work.

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm no touch typist, but manage around 65 words a minute...Funny, I find the iPad keyboard better than my laptop..the lappy has a full sized one too...it's just so soft. With this, you know younger hitting a key :)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fast?

Just can't see using a keyboard with my iPad, I might as well take my laptop.

I agree ~ I type over 100 words a min, so when I need to do lots of typing or moderating, I bring my HP Mini or use my desk top.

I thought I was fast at 65-70 words a minute - but 100!! No wonder you have so many posts :D

Tim

I wish, a good secratery ( the use of whom I have) can knock out + 150 a minute, whilst talking. I used to be faster, but still need to glance at the keyboard. Put an unfamiliar keyboard in front of me and I'd be even more pathetic :D

Most reactions

Latest posts